Thread: Going home clothes for bubs

Default Going home clothes for bubs

What did you pack for bubs going home outfit?

Did bubs wear his/her own clothes in the hospital or did you use the hospital gowns provided? If they wore own clothes, what did they wear ie. wondersuits?

What size clothes did you pack, 0000 or 000?

Thanks

I packed a few wondersuits and while we were in hospital she wore the hospital clothes (less washing for DH) and then when we left we put on a wondersuit...

I guess I never knew that babies would wear special clothes coming home & we weren't stopping anywhere on our way home, so we just put her in something easy LOL

I packed 3 x 0000 suits and only 1 fit her!! But she was long from the start.

HTH!

At our hospital, you could use their stuff, but most of that was tie-at-the-back gowns for them. I always took my own baby clothes and could wash them at hospital if I needed to. DH and I always went and bought a special 'going home' outfit for them (got a day pass from hospital) because the midwives take a photo before you go home to put on their notice board of babies born that month. They also send a copy of it to you.

Oh, I took size 000 clothes for them and mainly used wondersuits (short summer ones for Lindsay, long winter ones for the girls). The wondersuit size 000 will fit most babies unless they are really small.

Nadine - I used the Hospital outfits for Matthew and I`m glad I did as he was a reflux baby right from the start so he went through many changes of clothes, DH doesn`t do the washing so it would have meant more washing for me to do as soon as I got home.

On the way home Matthew wore long pants, a top and a cardigan, they were all size 000 as I only brought one size 0000 and it was a long sleeved top.

LOL Christy, I never knew that babies were meant to have a special outfit for going home either - I only found out a couple of months ago.
    We just used the hospital clothes and when we went home we forgot to change him so he went home in his little hospital gown and singlet. I've put them into his little memory box now.

Nadine

My Mum actually suggested that she had kept the little outfit she brought me home from hospital in and my bubs is due in the same season. She said it was girly, so it would only probably be suitable if we had a girl (which we found out we are!). I think it'll be really nice to bring my daughter home in my going home outfit, and just in case it gets cool I have a lovely little knitted set (bonnet, cardigan and booties) that someone made for her as well. I've also put in a wondersuit just in case none of what I've planned works out and she dirties it or something before I get her out of the door!!

Have fun choosing!

Oh, and I forgot to mention, the hospital we're going to says if you want to use disposable nappies you have to bring your own so I've packed a couple of those to put on her as well. Only when we're leaving, as long as they're doing the washing I don't care what type of nappy she wears!

Melinda Guest

Jacob had a really lovely baby blue hand-knitted jumper on that my Mum had made for him. It had matching trousers (in yellow) but they were too big! So sadly, Jacob only got to wear half of his going-home outfit LOL. I put a white wondersuit on underneath and he still looked gorgeous of course!

We dressed Jacob in his own clothes in the hospital too. The hospital required that we brought our own clothes (as far as I can remember). I liked putting him in his own things anyway and finally seeing our baby in the things we had specially chosen for him! Also, DH had some clothes to take home so that our pets could smell them etc (so they could get used to Jacob's smell before he came home - it really helped them to adjust!)

I brought a couple of 000 outfits a couple of 00 outfits as i thought Lily would fit in them seeing as she was so big. But they were all too big, so my mum had to go out and buy some 0000 outfits and she went home in a 000 wondersuit. I've now got the wondersuit in her memory box.

For both Olivia and Charlie I had the option of using hospital clothes, but they were always gowns rather than Bonds suits, so I used our own. I remember having the same dilema over sizes too!

I simply preferred having our own clothes ready, there and waiting, so I didn't have to ask for more ever......both times after giving birth I just got so cosy in my room with my new babe, I just wanted to be by ourselves with minimal contact with nurses etc! (Call me odd, LOL).

That said, between baby clothes for a week and my clothes for a week, I ended up having a HUGE bag to take into hospital with me both times!

I ended up taking a selection of 000 and 0000 Wondersuits (shortie thin ones for Olivia since she was born into a Darwin hot and humid season, but cosy long enclosed ones for Charlie who was born in an Adelaide winter).

Even though I knew both times what their gender was, I still had mostly white.

They didn't have a special "going home" outfit as such though.....just whatever Bonds suit came to hand!

For Seth I'm taking 2 marquise nighties (these are great as they come in one newborn size) they tie at the bottom (so they don't end up around the ears LOL) and the sleeves have mittens attatched (the ones that flip over) I'm taking these because they pretty much fit any size bubba iykwim and are very easy for nappy changes and I hate toes being covered straight away LOL I want to play with them! I'm also taking 4 summer jumpsuits in 000 and 2 full length jumpsuits in 0000. I have an outfit to go home in that includes leggings, a stripey bonds short suit and matching hat (too cute!) and a jacket JIC.

OMG posting this has really hit home!

:shock:

*hugs*
    Cailin

We didnt know if we were having a boy or girl, so had only bought a few basic white outfits. While in hospital Emma wore the hosptal gowns (easy to change nappies in ) She was given lots of cute outfits, so I just sent them home with DH who washed them & I picked one for her to wear home. It was cute, but a comfy one.

hmm... maybe I'll take in more than just a going home outfit. It'd be nice to have him in a little jumpsuit or something for visiting hours rather than just a hospital gown. Altho.. he'll probably be wrapped up anyway. I dunno! I'm struggling to find things for ME to wear.. let alone thinking about bubby too! hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cailin
    I hate toes being covered straight away LOL I want to play with them!
    Me too! Gotta love those new born toeys!

I had bonds suits as the hospital I was in didn't provide the baby clothes. I had 2 0000's and 6 000's in funky colours like navy and red along with the regulation white and lemon. I hope you can still get those colours...

Ivana_baby,

For me to wear, whilst it was tempting to just wear my nightie/grotty trakkies, I made an effort and packed some nice tops and some jeans (from when I was about 5 months type of size).

It felt SO SO nice to have a shower and a pamper and then get into nice clean clothes and look halfway decent through the day. Made me feel human rather than a hosptial patient, IYKWIM? Made me feel for energetic?

I always made sure I was dressed too. Felt alot better to wear clothes instead of pj's. Also didn't want visitors to see me in pj's either.