Thread: Herbal Remedies

Default Herbal Remedies

Hi all

Just wanting some advice...for my first labour, I had been seeing a naturopath/herbalist who had made up a "post-partum prep. mix". I don't remember now exactly what was in it, but I started taking it about 5 weeks before my due date. About 30ml each morning. According to the naturopath, it was to 'tone' my body organs and prepare my body for labour. She said it would help make my contractions more regular and stronger for an 'easier' labour.

As it turned out, I went into labour at 11am, two days early. My contractions were 7 mins apart for about an hour, then 5 mins, then 3 mins within 3 hours. In total, my labour lasted 6 hrs, 20 minutes and I had no pain relief at all.

For this baby, I am wanting to do the same, but have moved to the city since the last baby and don't know any good naturopaths/herbalists. Has anyone else had an experience like this?

Jo

Jo is there any chance that you could get in contact with your Naturopath and ask her to make you up some more and then get it mailed to you???

I know when I was pg with Tehya I was given ones number to phone and she posted some stuff out to me...

Good idea. It was so long ago though, I will really have to think hard to remember what her name was!

Thanks

Jo