Thread: homeopathics in birth?

Default homeopathics in birth?

Hi girls, I am looking into different methods etc to help me have the drug free, natural delivery I am hoping for. I am attending calmbirth classes soon and do monthly acupuncture (which will increase to fortnightly, then weekly etc..). I have been looking online for natural remedies to assist pre- birth and also during the labour, I am wondering what people have had success with and if anyone has used the helios homeopathics kit for efore, during and after birth or anything similar?

C'mon- there must be some hippies out there with advice for me!!!

Any advice is appreciated!

All sorts of folks use homeopathy, not just hippies. Not that there's anything wrong with hippies either

I got through my labour and birth, and the early days, using rescue remedy. I used the drops under my tongue but also dosed up my water bottle all through labour and for about the first week after bub arrived.

I also took arnica whilst in labour and after giving birth. I did have a couple of others during labour but for the life of me can't remember what they were, my doula gave them to me. I know at one stage my leg got crampy (I hadn't had magnesuim the day I gave birth) and all I did was whimper 'cramp' and she gave me something that helped really quickly.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

I used the Ezy-birth kit from the Meher Clinic on the sunshine coast if that helps at all.

Oh - and I'm not a hippy

Sorry- made the "hippy" comment as more of a joke but was on my laptop at work and can't use emoticons.
    didn't mean it to sound insulting at all- it was supposed to be sarcastic and refer more to me than anyone.

Again- sorry if I insulted anyone

I don't think you insulted anyone - hence the winkies

My leg hairs are long enough to class me as a hippy I suppose....

yep! i used Arnica (200ch) for immediate post birth (once off dose...got from italy...i *think* here they are multiple doses of 4 hourly etc..but check with your homeopath) and then i had a 30ch to take the following day.

had some rescue remedy, but didnt use it as labour went too quick and i so wasnt stressed lol.

BUT one of the BESTEST tips i got was to get some water based witchhazel pour some on the maternity pads, stick em in the freezer and when you take them out do a squirt of calendula along the pad and hey presto...instant healing relief! i am loving it ATM!

HTH!

Quote Originally Posted by glenny_c View Post
    Sorry- made the "hippy" comment as more of a joke but was on my laptop at work and can't use emoticons.
    didn't mean it to sound insulting at all- it was supposed to be sarcastic and refer more to me than anyone.

Again- sorry if I insulted anyone
    Oh not at all!! Like AE said - hence the winks although they're a little bit funky looking after the forum down time.

My family kept calling me a hippy cause I wanted a waterbirth and to use homeopathics, so I know what you meant

Cassius I had a witch hazel post labour spray that I used for the first week after birth - it was great - would recommend it to anyone!

i used 5W in the 5 weeks before 40 weeks
    i was gicen some during labour but i have no idea what there were.. none of them had anything to do with pain though