Thread: Homeopathics / Flower remedies during birth

Default Homeopathics / Flower remedies during birth

Did you use them?
    Which ones?
    What about remedies for baby after they're born?

I'm thinking about taking Rescue Remedy during labour, but I'm not sure if there are other remedies I should be considering. I'm also interested in if there are any that are recommended for baby after birth (I assume they would only be applied to pulse points, and not given orally to baby).

Cherie, I was wondering this myself. Apparently the bushflower essences such as "Emergency Essences" are good and safe during pregnancy too, but I'm not 100% convinced. I know that you can get bushflower herbal remedies in spray form which you can spray around yourself/room which apparently helps too.
    I will be interested to hear from others to see what they have used!

I used homeopathic caulophyllum in the last week to assist with contractions. I ended up being induced at 42 weeks but 45 mins after the first application of gel I had contractions 2 mins apart so didn't need to use it to encourage them after that.

After the birth (ended up having an emergency c/s after 17 hours of those contraction!) I used homeopathic arnica for bruising and swelling. I had been taking liquid zinc too. I recovered very quickly from the c/s and put a lot of it down to these 2 remedies.

I used a bit of rescue remedy spray on DS (lots for me after and a little during labour) but got a bit sidetracked as he was in the SCN and we had lots of feeding hassles to deal with.

I used the Rescue Remedy during labour too, not sure if it worked or not though, but then I guess I still had enough energy to push her out so it must have hey

I also used Arnica afterwards too, I used this for a few days, and I had no swelling or bruising so that might have helped some too.

Like Blackbird, I took homeopathic caulophyllum. I took it before going to bed the night I went into labour. Hester Jayne punched her sac open at 3am and she was born 6 hours later.

I was also given a specific person picture rememdy by my homeopath after an hour long consult - which was designed to get me to let go of my brain and let the more primal me take over. (I tend to get stuck in my head a bit too much and was worried I would not be able to go into labour land). Must've worked as both my doula and my DH said I was definitely elsewhere for the entire birth and my doula said that I made it look really easy (and she's been a doula for 20 years).

During transition (what little I think there was of transition) I took kali phos to renew my energy. My DH was given Rescue remedy to keep him going.

Then I took homeopathic arnica and zinc tablets to assist with healing (I have 2nd degree tear) and motherwort tincture to ease the aches and pains. If I forgot to take it - they hit with vengence.

ETA - I swear by Rescue remedy - ever since I was a passenger in a car when the driver completely missed a giveway sign and we ended up nearly in a huge accident. My legs were shaking so badly they were stomping on the imaginary brake pedals for seconds afterwards. I reached down - grabbed my RR and took a few drops. The legs stopped immediately and I felt the shock just drain away. Before that - I was a sceptic. But now I use it all the time for shock.
    Last edited by Kar; March 5th, 2007 at 05:15 PM.

Thanks girls - I might have to take myself off to a homeopath once I've started maternity leave - you've given me lots of good ideas.

I do have some arnica-infused vegetable oil that I was planning on applying directly to the skin, but it can't hurt to take it homeopathically as well.