Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hospital Stay

Jackie Guest

I had all 3 of mine by vaginal birth, with the first I had a tear and they weren't to keen on me leaving to early, stayed for two nights, with the other two I stayed in hospital for only one night.
    I think it all really depends on how you and bubs are after the birth, if you feel fine and there haven't been any complications, they will probably quite happily let you go home when if you feel you are ready to.

I think if you've got littlies at home, you should try and stay for as long as you feel comfortable - that way make DH look after the bub at home and you get the chance to have some one on one time with the new bubs and also get back into the sync of life with a newborn again...

Well, thats my thinking, anyhows....

Keen

Our midwife told us that day of birth = day 0, and you are discharged on day 3 if there are no problems.
    I love the idea of visitors bringing bread and milk and watching baby while showering is going on!
    I am a little nervous about the number of visitors we will get, and specially since I am too polite to tell them to BUGGER OFF! I'M TIRED!

Mum will be staying for at least a week from NZ, so hopefully she will be rude for me, and I would be very surprised if she didn't do breaky every day! Yay for mum.....well, we'll see!
    Fi

I was in hospital for a month before Alex was born, and he was an emergency c/s. I was in for six days, mainly because of the high BP, and Alex was in the NICU/SCN for those six days.

After six days we were both flown from Monash to Shepparton Base Hospital, where we both stayed for another four days. Alex weighed 2.020 kilos when he was discharged.

So I had ten days all up, but that wasn't voluntary!

I think I would have stayed for the six days if I had the choice, the longer the better in terms of support, especially if little one is in NICU/SCN.

my hospital stay was for a week , as joshua lost more then %10 of his birht weight.. then i went home on the weekend to go back in on the monday for another week with an infection of some kind and had to be on a drip for seven days..

iam hoping this time iam better and only have to stay for at least 3 days

take care
    Lesley

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12