View Poll Results: How Did Your Labour Start?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Contractions

55 37.93%
  • Water Broke

42 28.97%
  • Induced

42 28.97%
  • Elective Caesarean

1 0.69%
  • Other (please specify if you like!)

5 3.45%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Did Your Labour Start?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default How Did Your Labour Start?

This topic is to see how BellyBelly members started their labours! Please feel free to contribute, all votes are completely anonymous.

Induced x 2

Kameron @ 37wks 6 days
    Lachlan @ 38wks 3 days

Love :smt049

Induced too!

Gel, waters broken, AND synctocin lol!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

My labour started with contractions ... and more contractions ... and more LOL until they stopped at 5cms. I was then augmented with my waters being broken and the drip, which well and truly got this little girl born! I am hoping and praying I wont have to be augmented next time. [-o<
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Hi - two weeks over due - three lot of gel, waters broken and the drip.

Contractions first then my waters were broken and then Nicholas came out, after an epitisomy.

Kazz & co \/
    Nicholas 26/10/02

Induced!

Jo

My waters broke first, and then it was tiny little contractions until they put me on the Syntocin drip 12 hours later, then 3 hrs after that Aidyn was born!

Contractions (which I wasn't feeling) followed by waters being broken when fully dilated, spinal epidural for c-section (which didn't work) then a general anaesthetic and then c-section. Went into labour on my due date and DD born 2 days later.
    Nic

contractions contractions and more contractions, didnt manage to sleep for 3 days

LEsley

TDBear Guest

dd- contractions started 10pm of edd. after 14hr labour gave birth to my posterior bub and had 2nd degree tearing!

ds- contractions started 5am of edd. left for hos' 7am and as we were putting my bags in my room, my waters broke and the head was crouning. everyone tried to move me but i was planted to the bed. poor temp nurse was pritty freeked out but the dr made it just in time to give me a much needed epiz'. with that, my 3hr labour was over. it was great!

ds- u.s due date was 14th may, my edd was 18th, dr wanted us to come to hos' on 19th. he tried stretching the cirvix to get things moving as i'd had some contractions. we stayed overnight (for a much needed rest!)and we spent the night pacing the floor! contractions came and went until at 3pm we decided to go home.21st spent day shopping then decided to put in a veggie patch! 22nd, experienced my first ever show! 23rd, got outside in the garden with all the family, 4pm dr app', he said he thought he'd be seeing me in a few hrs. 5pm, at home had a contraction just as i was eating my pizza! 6.30pm, off to hos' again. 8.45pm, everything stopped again! dr broke waters at 9pm, 9.30pm started again, 11.20pm pushing started and 11.32pm ds decided to join us! only 2hrs of real labour!( thankgoodness!)

dd- 11th april, my due date, had false labour and had been having this happen since the 28th march! 12th, started drinking raspberry leaf tea to help move things along. 14th, had a show then another very painfull false labour wich had me up all night! 15th, more contractions but nothing consistent. 7pm dr told us to come in as i was getting very tired. as with my last labour, dr broke waters at 8.50pm. found bubs to be in destress and dr was considering a c-section, as other dr walked in the door, at 9.30pm, dd was born with cord wrapped around neck and body. with oxygen she was fine. app', 40mins of real labour!

dd- 10th oct my edd, contractions on and off!( sounds familiure!) 13th, after more contractions all day and night, dh said' thats it ' and at 11pm we went to hos'. but at 12mid everthing stopped! ( of course!) 14th, 10am a drip was put in and i was induced. 11.53am waters were broken. things took along time to move but at 4.18pm when she was born, we realised that she was posterier. i didnt like being induced at all! the contractions were un-natural and very strong. i am hoping to try for a natural birth this time!
    =D> =D> =D>
    (sorry its so long!!)

TDBear

carmen Guest

My hind waters broke - noticed via wet patch on bed, then after about 12 hours I had another leak which was slightly bloody.

The show came a few hours later and then after another couple of hours I had full on contractions 5 mins apart

Carmen

Emma - Induced due to high BP & protein in urine at 39 weeks. One lot of gel, waters broke after 2 hours and then assisted ventouse delivery. Born 7 hours & 41 minutes

Jack - Induced due to high BP at 39 weeks. One lot of gel, waters broke after 1 hour 13 hours & 30 minutes later was born by emergency c-section.

Asha - Elective c-section (not happy about that decision now as it was based on misleading information!!!)

CHeers

Ms Lee Guest

Induced after being 8 days over. I will definately try to go naturally next time as the midwives said an induction is more painful.

akimum Guest

Mine started via contractions but just didn't get anywhere so after 12 hours of that I was given oxytosin??? to get it really going.

1st DS had a show on the Monday afternoon, lots of pooping all day Tuesday (hehe) started contracting later in evening, got to hospital when I was 7cm (woohoo) had waters broken and had him not long after. 40.3 weeks. Had alittle gas.

2nd DS Had a few cramps that I thought were just poo pains (again) had a bath and realised after I got out that I was in labour - ex dh had gone out. no car, had 2 year old couldn't contact mother. Got to birth centre and was again 7 cm (must be my lucky number) had a quick shower then down to business. Waters were left intact hoping that it would help him turn as he was posterior - he didn't, only as he was delivering - ouch. 39 weeks and no drugs.

3rd DS Elective C section, although there was not electing into me having it, no Dr wanted to deliver me because Noah was breach, then when they open me up the OB says "oh you could have delivered this baby". Alittle too late now... I begged them to let me try, even had them try to externally try to turn him. That hurts girls - don't do it!!!!

Take care
    Trish

Vanessa Guest

I'm an other... I went in to be induced, I was a week over. They put the monitor on my belly to monitor the baby and it was not responding well over a five hour period with walking around, eating, changing machines etc to see if there was a difference. So the midwives spoke to my OB, he sent me to have a quick ultrasound to see what was happening inside.

On an internal examination, my cervix was not dilated, nothing looked liked it was happening internally. The ultrasound didnt highlight any problems but also echoes the irregularities highlighted on the monitor and I was sent to have an c-section(emergency) due to baby being at possible risk of trauma. He was born with the cord wrapped two times around his neck! I feel so relieved. I really wanted a natural vaginal delivery, and felt the birthing process taken out of my control. But looking back, the intervention of the midwives and OB saved my sons life! They knew something wasnt right! Thank goodness!

EDD was 17/6/04. Hospitalised with pre-eclampsia at 31 weeks. One month in hospital (just awful) whilst they decided what to do with me!

After daily u/s and those tests where they make you sit down and monitor the heartbeat/movements etc (can't think what they're called now!) also daily, we had an intense growth scan at 35 weeks, after another at 33 weeks.

Alex had only put on 100 gms between 33 weeks and 35 weeks, so they decided he would be better fed on the outside, and induced me.

I had the first gel at 7am on 20 May 2003. Nothing.
    Second lot of gel at 5:05pm on 20 May 2003. Had two (fairly major) contractions straight away, which is not unusual for gel (apparently).

But Alex decided he didn't like labour and his h/b dropped to 60 when it's supposed to be 160.

The doctor came straight in and said that they were stopping the induction and I was having an emergency c/section whether I liked it or not.

Imagine - up on the bed with doc up my watsit trying to get the gel out, another doc giving me two injections to stop the contractions, and another nurse with the monitor on my belly trying to keep track of what bubs was doing!

The nurse who was monitoring me, said to the docs that we needed to get me in straightaway. Which they did, and Alex was born by emergency c/s at 6:05pm.

Weight 1.9kilos (4lbs 2oz I think), which was tiny, even at 35 weeks!

But he's now 18 months and doing Fantastic!

Regards;

Divvy

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast