thread: How long after your 'show' did you go into labour?

And the truth is we don't know anything
    Follow Pandora On Twitter

Jan 2005
    cowtown

How long after your 'show' did you go into labour?

Just interested in peoples experiences, as I'm told this can vary quite a bit.

♥ BellyBelly's Creator ♥
    Add BellyBelly on Facebook Follow BellyBelly On Twitter

Feb 2003
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

There is a poll on this, will check out the poll archive...

With my first I never saw it until my waters were broken, and second, it slowly came away over a few days and the majority of it was in early labour. Elijah was born 10am next day.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

BellyBelly Life Member

Jul 2004
    House of the crazy cat ladies...

I didn't notice my show at all with Aidyn.... my waters broke, then I was induced... so it must have come out sometime after then?

Melinda Guest

Mine was when I was in labour.

Melinda Guest

Here is the poll the Kelly mentioned.

Mar 2005
    G.Waverley

Didn't know with Nyah, as waters didn't break she came out with everything.

With William, I had pre-labor and show for two weeks.

Not long to go now sweetheart- good luck darlin'. O

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2005
    Sydney, NSW

I didn't have a show or my waters didn't break. Literally I had a contraction followed by another 12 hours of contractions and pushing!! The Dr broke my waters somewhere in between.

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2004
    Brisbane

I had my show 10 days before my waters broke and Kaleb was born.

jaggard Guest

2 days before, but it wasn't a huge amount, just enough to notice, DD then made her appearance on her due date.

DS was induced on his due date and never had a show beforehand.

Administrator
    Add Rouge on Facebook

Jun 2003
    Ubiquity

I had a small amount of show after having my membranes swept about 6 days before labour, but the full plug didn't come out till during labour. My gf had show about 3 hours before her waters broke, and then labour started.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Debbie Lee Guest

I got my show the day after I had 3 doses of prostin gel (I was induced). My waters were broken 3 days later then I went into "labour". Don't ask me what the previous 5 days of being in agony were about. Apparently that wasn't really labour at all :roll: Felt the same imo!

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2005

I had a show 2days before I had DD. I wasnt exactly sure if it was or not as it wasnt a lot. Dr told me that most likely it was but told me I was not likely to give birth soon. Next day I gave birth 3 weeks early to EDD. The dr was definantly surprised to see me.

Not long left for you, hope everything goes well. Enjoy your new addition to the family when they arrive.

Love Helen

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2005
    Happy Valley, Adelaide

Right at the start of labour - although I didn't know I was in labour at the time!!

froofy Guest

I got my show a couple of hours after labour started.

BellyBelly Member

Aug 2004
    NZ

I got my show about term + 7 days, and it continued until I was induced at term + 11 days. The biggest chunk (sounds gross but thats what it looked like ) came about term + 9 days.

Fi