Thread: How long now??

Default How long now??

Hi!

OK - here's where I'm at...

Fri night/Sat morning - A lot of pressure/pain down low - like bubs head was pushing down
    Saturday - Pretty sure I lost some mucous plug...
    Sunday - Not much of anything except I was in a very foul mood. Very restless but didn't know what to do with myself..
    Monday - Up at 5am with period pain cramps/contractions coming every 10min or so...since I got up they have fizzled out but still have a funnyish feeling down low...

I'm only 36w3d but going by my 12w u/s dates I'll be 37w tomorrow (more accurate I think)
    I had Louis at 38w after similar symptoms and waters breaking...

Do you think this could just go on for weeks or perhaps bubba is getting ready to make an appearance??

Hey Kristie,

Sounds to me like little Dylan might be making an early appearance.
    Although i had the cramps and contractions with my second bubba for approx 5 weeks prior to him being born, so it could just be your body getting ready for D-day

Sorry that's not much of a help to you.

Goodluck i hope you have him in your arms soon.

who knows! I think it is just your body getting ready.. you are only just due so bubs could stay in cooking fro another week or so..

Its hard to know if this is your body preparing or whether your body will do the same thing as last time. Unfortunately only time will tell. Keep us posted though ...

Either way, I would take the opportunity to do something special for yourself before the baby comes. Maybe get your hair done or catch up with friends for morning tea.

All the best.

Thanks!!

Definitely nothing progressing at the moment...

My best friend is taking me out to the movies tonight to spoil me and have a good laugh so we've got that covered! hehe. Lets hope my waters don't break while I'm there. hehehe

I have no advice - just want to wish you all the best with the birth Kristie!! I can't believe he is nearly here already!! All the very best - can't wait to hear all about it.

My girlfriend who gave birth last week had mild contractions, and a show 56 hours before the little man finally decided to make an appearance.

The good news for you is it looks like its all going to happen naturally, eventually.

Jac

Thanks guys!!!

No more pains last night/this morning which I'm actually grateful for as I couldn't sleep and ended up having a big cry! hehe. Not sure why - I think I'm just so tired and then when you can't sleep it's just really annoying!

Jac - yeah hopefully it will all happen naturally! I was induced with Louis so it would be nice for that not to happen this time...although I don't really want to go 2 weeks over either! hehe.

Looks like I'm in for a few weeks of pre-labour though!

I would love to naturally go into labour this time. I have never had contractions that haven't been artificially induced by Syntocin. I would love to have a bit of pre-labour just prior to being full term. I went overdue by 10 days with my last...and was induced.

So my "dream plan" haha this time would be contracts at home..till regular then into the hospital at about 4cm...and go from there. All this I would love to take place at 39 weeks please!

Goodluck..

I'm with you Jac! Sounds like a plan!!

Although I was lucky enough to have Louis 2 weeks early it was due to my waters breaking but I never went into actual labour myself. I was induced at 6pm and still only 1-2cm dialated at 4am!!! aaahhh. Was just such a long time in pain without any progress. Funny thing was I had a shot of pethidine after that and fully dialated by 7.45am! Louis arrived at 8.30am!
    I want it to be active as well as last time I was basically on the bed the whole time...so bad...I wish I had a midwife that encouraged me to move around. Instead when I asked if it would help they said no!! ?????
    Anyway, I'll just have to see how this pans out....