Thread: How many maternity pads did you go through....

Default How many maternity pads did you go through....

I was wondering how many maternity pads did you go through after the birth?

How heavy is the bleeding? (I realise everyone is different though!!!)

I was gonna stock up cause DH would be too embarrassed to buy them for me if I run out!!!!!

jaggard Guest

I bought 3 pks of the goodnight maternity pads and they lasted me for the heavy bleeding, then I switched to the slim super ones. I bled for 5-6 wks for both but used the maternity pads up within a week I think!

I had more loss with Lindsay and used 4pks of maternity pads (not including the pads the hospital supplied) and bled for 2weeks solid, then 4wks on/off using lighter slim pads. With the girls I didn't have as much initial loss, but bled a bit longer - 3wks solid, then on/off for another 1. I also passed a few clots too.

Mine was extemely heavy and i've probably go through a packet every 2-3 days it was that bad. But 6 days after the birth i was passing huge clots so had to go to emergency. Nearly had a d&c but didnt and the bleeding stopped pretty much a couple of days after that. I think it all came out with clots. But yeah for me, i needed HEAPS!

I went through 3 packets, but by the 3rd I could have gotten away with normal ones. I guess it was really heavy for about 3 days then slowed to like period bleeding

I think I bought 3-4 packets, and like Fletch. I hated them. I didn't really need all of them as my bleeding slowed down after a week or so.

Maybe buy a couple of packets and if your bleeding isn't that heavy, just buy the normal thin pads.

Just locking this thread Mitch.

Please refer to this thread where this topic has been discussed recently.