Thread: How much Sex is needed?

Default How much Sex is needed?

If I was to start DTD to encourage labour. If it was going to do anything how long does it take & how often would I need to do it?
    I am keen to have this baby on the weekend, only because it would be good timing but I don't want to do anything to make it happen. But I am willing to try a few "at home" techniques to just try.

I don't know how much is needed but when they apply the gel they do it at 6 hourly intervals for some? I had one lot at 4pm another at 11pm. HTH!

Yes but apparently one lot of gel has about 15 ejaculations in it or something like that..... Its alot anyway, so I'm not 100% there is much to this one.

When I went for my appointment to book in an induction the midwife said every three hours for as long as it takes.....
    He said it would be probably about three days.

Massage worked better for me And clitoral stimulation is supposed to be more effective Its not just the semen that works its the actual orgasm too. Also meant to be a helpful form of pain relief during labour too.

*hugs*
    Cailin

God, I don't think even DH would be upto every 3 hours! LOL I like the clitoral stimulation most anyway.
    Some how I don't see me using it during labour though!
    See what DH thinks about it all tonight when he gets home. I am sure he would be too tired anyway.

LOL Fletch

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

orgasm = oxytocin
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

And don't forget if you want bring out your toys As your own stimulation is more effective. However I've been told that you do need to be careful with nipple stimulation as it can cause problems... Kel what was it again?

*hugs*
    Cailin

Nipple stimulation also produces oxytocin, you can do it safely, there's more detail in the natural induction methods page www.bellybelly.com.au/articles/
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Why is self stimulation better?

Semen = prostaglandins
    Orgasm = oxytocin

Even better = both!!!!
    Kelly xx

I might be wrong, but I remember years ago reading about orgasm and sex, and something about a womans orgasm makes the cervix "dip", and if it happens close to when the mans swimmers are up there, there is more chance of the swimmers getting closer to the egg for fertilisation.
    Something about orgasms actually being a normal healthy part of sex - not something dirty Not sure if the physiology of it is correct.