After reading all this I think that if society had collapsed and prescribed drugs were not available but I had a marijuana plant in my backyard I and if I or another woman was feeling anxious to the point of labour being dangerously delayed I would either ingest a small amount or offer a small amount to the woman. I think it's all about the weight of risk. I probably wouldn't take marijuana if I had access to proper Western medical care mainly because the affects on the baby are unknown.
However when i think of the bigger picture of harmful chemicals in a newborns life I personally are more concerned about the extremely harmful chemical ****tail a baby gets every time they are driven in a car... especially if it is on a daily basis. So... to me the minute amount of residual chemical resulting from ingesting a small amount (I'm talking maybe a single dried leaf) and that of the much larger chemicals breathed in in a car driving in heavy traffic (including trace amounts of heavy metals that can't be eliminated from the body): i would think the once used marijuana chemical would be safer. THAT is how dangerous I believe fumes inside a car are to us, especially newborns. Even with your windows wound up they still get in The inside of a car is a very bad place chemically speaking. Everything's relative and I just think people can sometimes over emphasis the risk with doing something once compared to the daily risk you take as part of your normal routine.
Bookmarks