Thread: I dont know what to do - I think Im in labour

Default I dont know what to do - I think Im in labour

Im having THE worst backache that gets intense, sort of like spasms every 10-15min along with my tummy feeling tight and I get breathless. I just want to hunch over and cry I feel that bad. Im not sure if I should assume its labour or not, my waters havent broken or anything I just have these pains and tightenings, along with intense pressure in my bottom when these pains hit. Its worse than anything Ive felt before but not so bad I cant stand it if that makes sense. Bub isnt moving much, if at all either.

Should I call the hospital or wait it out? I dont want to call my husband home for nothing.

Not that it means anything but my right arms is sore and tingly too.

Anna, firstly you need to relax hun. Getting anxious isn't going to help you out. Maybe try to have a warm shower. Have you felt BH contractions before?? If these are BH then generally they stop after a shower or bath. How long are these pains lasting for???

What you are wanting is pains that come at a pretty regular interval and that last for atleast a minute. If you are still feeling anxious after having a shower perhaps then you could call the hospital. I wouldn't say go in yet as more than likely they will be sending you back home.

Goodluck sweety. Sending you lots of speedy labout vibes. Trust ibn yourself. You CAN do this

Call the hospital and check with them, good idea to get their opinion on it. Also call your DH, just to give him pre warning. If you are in labour it might be good to get him home just so he can get some sleep before you have to go to hospital. Good luck!

Jodie259 Guest

Anna...

It sounds like you're in labour.
    I had my 1st baby recently, and I wasn't sure if I was having 'braxton hicks' or labour (as I had never had braxton hicks pains).
    Within hours it went from a twitching back - to agony! (my baby was sitting back-on-back which made it really painful, and resulted in an emergency c-section).

Phone your hospital, and explain the feelings to them.
    They will be able to tell you what to do.
    Time the pains if you can... as they will ask how far apart the pains come & how long the pain lasts.

Good luck Anna. It sounds like you're going to be a mummy VERY soon!!!

My BH's are generally a tad bit uncomfy and painful but this is 20 times worse than what I felt the last two times they thought I was in labour. I just want to cry I feel so out of control.
    Im going to go lie in bed and see if that helps. If I still feel this in an hour or two Im going to get Dh home and phone the hospital.

Thanks for the advice!