Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think my waters broke but im not too sure!

Question I think my waters broke but im not too sure!

I was just laying in bed and then i felt a trickle so i stood up and when i did i felt a gush then another.. i ran straight to the toilet and it kept coming but then i needed to pee..

So im not sure if they actually did, even though the gushes didnt feel like they were pee..

Im so confused!!!!!

SHould i call the Birth Suite??

I say yes! I know I haven't had my waters break on their own, but it was certainly a big gush when mine were broken And the weeing would probably be your body saying "it's go time - get everything out of the way"

Keep us updated Gee, I remember when you were... Actually, I can't remember your previous username I remember you changing it though because I suggested the one you have now
    Last edited by TeniBear; July 16th, 2010 at 02:25 AM.

Smell it - if it smells of anything, it is not your waters. If it smells of nothing, good chance

Default I think my waters broke but im not too sure!

It def sounds like it, give the birth suite a call and see what they think. Keep a towel handy jic you lose some more.

That pretty much sounds like how mine broke- though i'd made it to the toilet for the gush and it was 2am too (with DS1). I was convinced it was just pee.

Put a pad on and check on it after a little bit. It'll possibly have a tinge of blood in it and it'll smell different- i'm not sure how to explain it but its definitely different to urine. Then call the hospital and talk to them, but try not to rush to the hospital yet if you don't need to. I think i made that mistake cause i never begun to contract on my own when i got to hospital- i would like to have seen how i'd gone if i'd stayed at home a little longer.

Good luck- i think today (or possibly tomorrow) may be the day.

That pretty much sounds like how mine broke- though i'd made it to the toilet for the gush and it was 2am too (with DS1). I was convinced it was just pee.

Put a pad on and check on it after a little bit. It'll possibly have a tinge of blood in it and it'll smell different- i'm not sure how to explain it but its definitely different to urine. Then call the hospital and talk to them, but try not to rush to the hospital yet if you don't need to. I think i made that mistake cause i never begun to contract on my own when i got to hospital- i would like to have seen how i'd gone if i'd stayed at home a little longer.

Good luck- i think today (or possibly tomorrow) may be the day.

How'd you go last night?

Thinking of you today. If it was your waters that broke - good luck and look forward to seeing your BA!

Sounds like waters breaking..

Good Luck if it was.. Looking forward to seeing your BA

I was standing up when my waters broke (i'd just had a shower and was drying myself), i saw a trickle that i had absolutely no control over. Even though you were lying down it sounds similar... The first trickles you felt you had no control over then you felt like you needed to wee. DId you still have control over that?? It does sound like it could be waters. Good luck

Def sounds like it to me, i am hoping from lack of repoly that your either getting some rest or everything is happening.. GL either way and keep us updated as you can!

You're probably in hospital now, but the needing to pee thing would be because the pressure on your bladder suddenly changed, probably because a big fat head went clunk on top of it with the water gone.

My first waters broke with no warning on the couch - baby was high and there was so MUCH it was pretty obvious what happened. Bing 37 weeks I promptly freaked out, of course.
    Second the midwives broke it because baby was sort of stuck coming out, they thought it might help, hoooboy it was the best thing they ever did, such relief!
    Third they broke in the middle of a contraction and it was a very distinctive *pop*

Oh how exciting!!!!

oh wow ssoooo exciting thats how it was for me when my waters broke! hope your in labour now!

Sounds like the waters to me... hope the labour isn't far behind.... blessings on the birth of a new little soul!

Sounds like a leak to me... you would know if they broke... no mistake! Good luck

My water broke after i went pee in the morning and just was trickling out down my leg.. put a pad on.. and went to hospital so they could smell it and see if its amniotic fluid and yup it was.

Goodluck definately sounds like your waters to me. My first one went like that.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast