Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm bleeding a bit? 40+ weeks - is this it?

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Question I'm bleeding a bit? 40+ weeks - is this it?

Hi girls,
    I'm 3 days overdue, and just found some blood on the loo paper, bright red, just a small amount (tiny tiny amount)... does this mean that labour is near? It is definately NOT the show, no mucus, just bright red blood?

Baby is moving around so I think she is OK?

Anyone know what this is?

Thanks!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

It can be normal but it's important to report any blood loss to your carer. Even if you just call the labour ward and let them know, they can give you best advice. When your cervix dilates it can result in some light bleeding where little blood vessels pop - which may be what it is, your cervix making a move.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I was going to say give your labour ward a call. It is more than likely from your cervix but as it is blood you should probably let them know and see what they say.

Good luck and fingers crossed bub makes an appearance soon for you

Cee_Cee99 Guest

thanks girls, I will give the Birth Center a call now...
    thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ooh what did they say Cee Cee?? best wishes with the birth!

Ohhh still nothing yet... maybe she's going to have the first July baby!!! (unless that honour has already been taken!)

Still no word??? OOOH I am waiting to read/hear!!!!

She's gotta be in hospital having it, otherwise she still would've been chatting away to us on here!! fingers crossed for a happy and healthy baby

rae80 Guest

i hope it goes well for you i had a blood show with bub no 1 and i went into labour that night so hopefully it wont be much longer for you good luck
    hugs good luck
    raewyn

Sal Guest

Ooh no news is surely good news! Hope you're having a wonderful labour CeeCee

CeeCee this could be IT ! ! ! woohoo... I bled right before Aneta was born .
    Hope your not replying because your busy having a baby
    Good Luck!

ooohhh how exciting!!!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi girls,
    I'm so sorry I did not post earlier, I thougth I posted in Third Trimester, and then thought my post was lost - I'm ssssssssssssoooooooooooooo sorry....

B/C said put a pad in and if it gets worst call in 30 mins, I had no more blood so really, nothing happened....and I feel alseep....

I saw the B/C yesterday who said that they will induce me this Sunday which will mean I will have my little girl on Monday... thank GOD, this whole thing has been a hellish ride that I need to get over as soon as possible....

sorry I did not reply sooner, feel really bad.. thanks for all your kind thoughts and well wishes....

Sal Guest

Ah, bummer that you haven't gone into labour yet, CeeCee. Here's hoping that you do before you have to be induced

...you had us going for a while there

oh i thought this was gunna be a birth announcement! oh bugga. Not long now though babe, hang in there

Aww Cee Cee what a shame things haven't started for you yet. Theres still plenty of time between now and Sunday for you to go without being induced, of course knowing that theres a date set for you is great too

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Have you read the natural labour inductions article on the main site? It's a great idea if you are trying to beat a medical induction. A massage is brilliant (especially a tailored induction massage) - encourages relaxation and gets things flowing
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Oh bugger - what a shame things haven't happened yet! I had a similar thing - I lost my plug at about 6-8 days after my EDD, and still didn't go into labour before induction.
    I hope something happens for you before the induction date - so much better to go into labour in the middle of the night! Nothing liek getting everyone excited

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast