Thread: Inducing

Jade Guest

Default Inducing

I was wondering if anyone knew of any aromatherapy oils that would help ripen the cervix or induce labour. I'm sick of being pregnant and i want to help things along if i can.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Hi Jade,

Clary Sage is a great oil for labour, however make sure you use it only towards the end of your pregnancy. We have an article on aromatherapy in the main site, the main thing is to make sure you don't use it topically undiluted - e.g. needs to be diluted in carrier oil if you want to put it on the skin. You can put drops undiluted in your bath, shower, burner etc.

Good luck!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Jen Schuster Guest

Hi Jade

I agree with Kelly - Clary Sage is a good oil. But if you have no knowledge of aromatherapy please consult a qualified aromatherapist before using any therapeutic oils.

For example Clary Sage is not to be confused with Sage as Sage leaves high levels of toxic residues in the body and would be unsafe for the baby.

Although Clary Sage is a milder version of Sage it should still be used with care.

Goodluck and I hope you give birth to a happy and healthy baby soon

Love Jen

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Thanks for adding that Jen!

I've had to be short and sweet today, Marisa has been so feral today like you wouldn't believe - she's getting molars and is cracking it one minute, happy the next but quickly back cracking it again.. oh the joys!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Jen Schuster Guest

Sorry Kel - Just have to laugh cause I think the neighbours sweet little angel is going through the same thing. (walls are thin and she has been carrying on a treat today). So much to look forward to :-)

Love Jen