Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Induction after waters breaking?

Yup FBU is Family Birthing Unit...Fi doesnt want intervention as then you cant go thru the unit with midwifery care you get transfered to the main stream maternity ward.
    Sorry luv I'm talking behind your back
    Plus I have a stash of disposable nappies so if you feel the need I can replensh your stock. That or we can put a shower curtain around you pmsl
    Bec

all the best!!

Thats alright luv - I've got a lovely cloth bum until the acupuncture appt in 30mins I'm sure she will like the look!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

OoooOooOoooh how's it all going?!?!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Not good I'm not very happy, and I'm really trying against the odds to get on top of these negative feelings.
    Acupuncture was great, she said I came at exactly the right time, and apparently my body responded in just the way its supposed to. Somethign about a layer of sweat on a certain part of my feet.
    So I ignored contractions all evening, didn't time them even though some of them needed breathing through, and then finally at about 8pm, and Jenna was in bed, we sat down, had a beer, and I started clock watching. By 9pm they were every 6mins or so, so I called the hossy to let my fave midwife know as she was finishing at 9pm.

She has booked me in for the induction, (big ) as she is legally required to, but said the way things were going it would more than likely be overnight for me. But she is on this morning, and said that if I got into hossy at 5-6am to get them to call her in.
    We went to bed, I had some panadiene forte, and was woken up maybe 4 times through the night with regualr and some really, really, really good contractions. Jenna had a shocking night. One of the worst ever.

So this morning here I am, a few niggles already, but just feeling a bit down. We are going to ignore the world today, so this is my one foray into BB, about to head off to the park and have a walk anda play with Jenna to cheer us all up. I have to go into the hossy, but hopefully that will be OK as my waters have stopped leaking.

I am going to be positive, and know that this baby might take a few more days, and I will try and avoid the induction at all costs.
    I'll play with my boobies (cause thats been really working well) and play with all the little metal dots the acupuncturist left on me, and fingers crossed it gets going again today. I might ask about a membrane sweep this morning depending on what Andie says.

So there you go - we are trying, but it looks like this little bugger is just as stubborn as the last!!!!! At least we got about 5hrs sleep last night. Thats a positive. And these contractions have to be getting this body doing something. I can feel them all the way down through my cervix/fanny, so I'm sure they are thinning things - maybe not dialating, but certainly getting the area ready.

I am a positive person who will have this baby!!
    Positive thoughts appreciated

Sending you lots of positive thoughts Fi. Enjoy your day with Miss Jenna. Hope you get some good rest in too, before you deliver your baby. You can do it :-)

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Fi, I don't believe the legal thing - there is no law that requires anyone to book people in for inductions - everything requires your permission as it's your body.

Positive thoughts, talk to your baby and tell him/her and also yourself. Thinking its going to be like last time will just make last time happen! So try and shift your thoughts and if it takes 24/48 hours trust that it's what your body and your baby needs to make this labour happen fastest and safest.

Pre-labour can suck if you let it, but its all doing great work. Check out the article 'Early Labour Tips for Coping at Home' in the birth section www.bellybelly.com.au/articles/birth and THINK POSITIVE! You can do this without an induction. You CAN do this your way, how you like it. Give yourself some credit hon.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Strong labour vibes & positive thoughts Fi!!!!

Fi, sorry you had such a crappy night hun. Do make sure you can get some shut eye today. Hope you have a nice time down at the park. Maybe keeping your mind busy will be a good thing.

Huge hugs hun. Sending you loads of positive vibes, dilating vibes and proper bloody labour vibes

Oodles of LV's and positive thoughts coming your way Fi.
    **hugs**

Debbie Lee Guest

Thinking of you today matey. This baby will come soon. Good on you for trying to avoid the induction
    Sending loads of positive thoughts and labour vibes your way. I hope a nice, restful day ignoring the world does the trick.
    Huge hugs!

Fi,
    Hope you are hoofing it up and down those stairs as we speak well type. Hun as you said you can do it..whether it happens tonight we are giving this little one the best chance of a natural birth
    Bec

OMG I cant believe I subconciously typed WE pmsl
    Last edited by Visitor9; December 16th, 2006 at 09:12 AM.

dragonmel77 Guest

Fi,

Sending *Magic Labour Fairy Dust* your way today, best wishes!
    Haven't had anything exciting happen myself but my thoughts are with you xo
    Mel

Tons of labour vibes to you Fi Hope you can get some rest in at some point today

Well I didn't get to the park. ON my way out the door the midwife rang and asked me to come in. When I said legally - I mean the hospitals rules, and they wanted me to come in for monitoring.

So I was in there from 8:30 til about 11:30. Had some wins and some boos.

Everything is fine, baby is responding the way its supposed to, but contractions are very far and few between. They did a swab, and its definitly an amniotic leak, so they have said since it had been 32hrs, I had to have IV AB's and get admitted. Luckily my midwife and I convinced the drs that I could get a bung put in, get my AB's and go home, but I have to do my own temps and go in every 6hrs for more AB's.
    Then tomorrow morning if I haven't gone by myself, everyone agrees that its the best thing to admit me, start me on the drip and begin an induction, so I've got til then.

After the dr left, my midwife said that when I come back in at 4:30 for the next round, they might be happy to either ARM (becuase she too thinks its just my hindwaters) or to membrane sweep, and maybe that will get everything going again. She wasn't prepared to consider it unless I had the IV AB's, adn at least 6hrs cover before having a poke around.

They aren't prepared to leave me any longer than 96hrs from Friday morning 2am, so Sunday morning is about 50hrs, which I guess is a pretty good nudge. And actually they might allow me to be admitted, but not be induced til a bit later on Sunday arvo if things are still all OK.

The fact that I'm constantly having dull achey pain is a positive, with occasional contractions, so we are almost there naturally, just cant quite win.

I'm going to have a rest, and then pound the footpath and some stairs this afternoon before my next appt.

Hey Fi. Great news that you are going to meet this baby so very soon! I hope it is all fantastic, that things pick up naturally for you, and that you can get some rest before the big event. Take care and sooooo looking forward to hearing your announcement in the next little while

awww Fi *hugs* I know how you feel!!! I am sending you all my saved up labour vibes & all my postive thoughts.

Fi, hoping that all went well at your appt and you got a good sweep happening.

Am going out tonight but you can be sure I will be checking when I get back in on you.

Deb, make sure you sms me if anything happens

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast