Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Induction after waters breaking?

sending lots of happy vibes your way fi! i hope you go naturally and the way you want it to be!

i think i know which MW you are talking about, andie, does she have a burn on her arm?

I think Fi has had some positive news, at her regulation 4.30 check they popped her on the CTG she was getting some good contractions!
    She may stay in the night not sure what they did if anything, lets hope we have a bub by morning
    Bec
    But this baby is different to Jenna NO BACK PAIN!!! Whoohoo

Fantastic

Go Fi Go!!!!

Thanks for updating us Bec.

*hugs*
    Cailin

YAYYYY Fi! Positive labour vibes headed your way...hope to wake up to news of the arrival of a new little Christmas-time baby!

Hope all goes well Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Thanks for the update, Bec! Yay for the good contractions coming! Hope you're in the throws of it as I speak, Fi. Wishing you all the very best... I'm so sorry it's all started off so crappola again.

OK here is all the news
    This little man was born at 3.15 in the shower completely natural
    Well done Fi, you were well informed and had great support by your midwife to have a wonderful birth

Gotta go and give this little spunk man a cuddle
    Bec

Thanks for the updates Bec.

Fi, congratulations your birthing Goddess. What a difference it makes to have great support.

SO freaking happy for you

Can you tell

yay Fi yay fi.
    Congrats, how exciting....

Wow Fi! Well done

woo hoo fi! that is fantastic!!!!

can't wait to meet your little guy at the tuppercino now!

Debbie Lee Guest

Well done Fi! Poo to inductions, hey?

Hooray Fi! Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing all the details!

congratulations Fi and family

when my waters broke with Anneliese i was told that she would be left in there as long as possible, but as soon as an infection showed up, then she would be coming straight out. People i know have gone weeks without being induced after having their waters broke? I spose its all up to situation??

Anyway, CONGRATS Fi, Shane and Jenna, and catch wait to meet this little man... Bec, give him big cuddles from me?!

This situation worked out really, really well (for future people needing tolook this stuff up )
    I was pretty sure after about 24hrs that it was just a hindwater leak, but it didn't make any difference to the hospital, which is fair enough.
    The ability to negotiate a bung in my hand, and being able to go home in between AB shots was a great thing. WE had discussed induction options, but secretly I was going to try and push it out a little longer the next morning if nothing had happened.
    It did get a little annoying that noone would do an internal to see what was happening, specially as labour was so stop and start, but again - all for safety, and it turned out that the VE meant absolutely nothing anyway.

I think its sooooo important to work through these things rationally with the health providers. At the end of the day, what happened with me was really unorthadox for the hossy. The night midwives were not even a little bit comfy with the idea of letting me go home (and it turned out it wasn't needed anyway) but because I was being sensible, and polite, and we had worked through the various options it was all good.

Anyway - I'm stoked. No induction needed but HEAPS of nipple stimulation I reckon got me there in the end. Couldn;t have regulated the contractions without it.

I had a hind leak at 35w, and they told it was nothing... maybe as you were full term anyway, it didnt matter which it was?? who knows?? congrats, and im hanging out for your birth story

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Hindwater leaks usually reseal themselves and they don't usually pay too much attention to it, but some will treat you as if your waters have broken. Some women have their waters spontaneously break early, but they will keep them going as long as possible. Seems contradictory ha?
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast