Thread: Is induction more dangerous??

sallyd Guest

Default Is induction more dangerous??

Hello, I had a sretch and sweep yesterday (ouch) and am due for an induction next tuesday, but I'm worried as i've read that if you've had surgery on your uterus the strong contractions can cause a rupture. I somehow managed to concieve this one about 5 days after having an ectopic pregnancy rupturing and needing a tube removed.. (i still have no idea how that happened!). Does anyone have any knowledge or ideas on this?

sally..

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

sallyd Guest

Yep, thats the risk i mean..I am being induced as he is a week late, although i'm getting used to the idea that i am going to be pregnant for ever. They removed the tube during a laparoscopy, I don't know whether they made an incision through the uterus (i should probably know that.) I keep meaning to ask the midwives about this, but I seem to go into a state of absolute terror whenever i visit the hospital and forget to ask.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Having syntocinon or other medical inductions, has a possible complication of rupture - thats without previous surgery too (I have the side effects in the article from the drug info sheet). Thats why they don't induce you if you are having a VBAC, as it's more risk. The risk of rupture from VBAC is very, very low... less than miscarriage from an amnio.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know