I have to say I think I've been really blessed with my Ob as well. He is very anti intervention as well. Even given that my bub is in the 75 - 90% size wise he keeps telling me I'll be fine and he won't be inducing me unless he has to. He would much rather I go over and go into labour naturally. Even when my BP rose the other day he was like, "we might put you on blood pressure medication if it continues to stay up and then if that's not doing anything we may induce you!" and I was 39w1d at the time. So it's not like I've still got weeks to go. I'm glad that he's been so supportive and encouraging. It can be a rare thing in an Ob
I am all for birth centres! Unfortunately, despite my VBAC being a breeze, I don't think one would take me. As it turned out, my ob was really only in the room with me for about 5 minutes during labour and then to stitch me up after. I completely agree that IS how it should be until there is a problem.
I am still stumped as to why a baby's weight is such an issue. Obviously people should stop thinking about it so much, but if we are going to freak out about anything surely it should be head circumference, not weight. The chub round the middle isn't the bit that is hard to get out. Personally I think we need to stop scans late in pregnancy simply to estimate weight. I didn't have any scans after 20 weeks so wouldn't have had a clue about bub's size except for fundus height. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.
Wow, 3.9kg is big huh? That is crazy! Both my boys were 3.9kg and I had no problems (not that the same goes for everyone, but I hear that size isn't always the issue). But it goes back to my point - not every woman should be lumped into the same risk category.
Bookmarks