Thread: Labial Tears?

Default Labial Tears?

I've tried googling info on it but theres nothing. I was just wondering if anyone else had them and how their healing was..

I sustained a 1st degree perineal tear, periurethral tear and the labial tear. The labial tear (as far as i know) was the only one to recive stitches (both sides) .. I wonder why thers no info about them on the web?

I had one, but didnt need stitches. I found that going toilet was painfull for the first week if I didnt have two drinks of ural a day. Also when I went toilet I had to lean forward and (tmi) try to hold my tear out of the way. I think it took about 4 weeks to heal completely.

Hope that helps.

Yep I had a labial tear with my first birth. At the time it felt like it was hanging down to my knees, and although it only took a few weeks to heal, it hasnt returned to what it was before children. I just think of it as my birth scars and I'm proud of them now.

Yeah, before it was somewhat symetrical but now one side is longer is longer then the other (sorry TMI) .. I don't care about how it looks, Its just uncomfortable, and its strange theres nothing on google about them, though I did find a few women mention on other forums that it kept like aching and they had to get re-cut and stitched again.

And it doesnt hurt me to pee. The midwife said I was lucky. Especially considering I had the periurethral tear.

Everyone was telling me how much it stung to pee but noone mentioned how hard it was gunna be to do a number 2 lol ..

Thanks guys