Thread: For labour bag

Default For labour bag

How many maternity pads should i pack in my hospital bag? I forget how many last time. I'll probably stay in hossy for 3-4 days.

I've put 2 packs... last time I think I used one after the one pack that was given to me by the bounty bag.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I had 2 packs too of the thick kotex ones.

Me too Bec!

I have my 2 packets ready to go..........homebrand industrial strength!! (From memory my hospital supplies them, but they are the ones with wings that I can't be doing with.....)

I always took 4 packets of the stayfree maternity ones, but mainly just to be on the safe side and I didn't have to have DH bombarded with choices in the supermarket...

I think I took 3 packets and left an extra pack in a plastic bag in the car with a few other bits and pieces so that DH could easily bring it up to me if I needed it.

didn't have to have DH bombarded with choices in the supermarket...
    OMG, good point........there is NO WAY DH could cope with that........he would happily try, but probably come away with tampons or something totally unsuitable!! Might have to pop and buy an extra packet!

LOL - I left Shane a message on the phone when I was in hossy. Cause I was totally unused to pads, I had no idea of which ones would be OK. So my message to him went something like:
    "Can you please go to the supermarket and get me another packet of kotex pads - they are green ones, without wings, and say maternity on them".
    My mum got the message first. I was quite embarrassed..... Not to mention how shane would have been buying them!
    I say buy 4 packets, andleave one pack at home in case they have to be delivered to you.

Red face

Hello I took in two packets of the super sized Maternity jobbies, but I must've done all my bleedin' in the labour ward cos I hardly made a dint in one...Then had the problem of figuring out what to do with the remaining pack and a half of sooper dooper size 'surfboards' (as DH likes to call them) LOL!
    :-)

Well, I've packed 2, for a 24hr stay. Got more at home somewhere...but I reckon in a pinch DH would do alright If I really was unsure, I could give him the empty packaging of one and say 'get these ones'!

i have packed 4 packs......2 packs are maternity ones.........2 packs just normal super pads, although my last bub was a while ago, i do remember that the bleeding eeased after 24hours so i didnt need all those bulky maternity pads for long.