Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Length of pregnancy for first baby

karen&luke Guest

Default Length of pregnancy for first baby

Hi everyone
    I am just interested to know how many first time mums had premmie or overdue babies? Is it uncommon to give birth on the due date? It seems that most people I know have overdue bubs with their first...is this a pattern?
    Thanks
    Karen

It is only something like a 4% chance of having your baby on your EDD. You may want to check out This Thread has some stats that you might find interesting.

Love

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Yep Kathryn is right, approx 5% born on their due date with 45% within the two weeks before and 45% within the two weeks after. I am a believer that bubs will come when they are ready and only they will know that Both of mine were early, the first was 3 days, the second 9 days.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Alex was five weeks early, but I was sick with pre-eclampsia.

Most of my friends have been overdue with their first but it all depends!

karen&luke Guest

Thanks ladies! The reason I ask is, my 12 month waiting period for private health is May 13, and if I fall pregnant this month the EDD would probably be around 10 days after that. Just wondering if I am cutting it a bit fine. I guess it is all up to fate! :-s

41 weeks 1 day for me

With my 1st--35weeks 5 days.
    With my 2nd--35weeks and 6 days.

katanya Guest

I only have 1 and yes he was VERY overdue (41+6days), unfortunately it might be hard to pick which way you're little bean will come out!

I think it has to do with your cycle, mine is 31 days, so therefore my gestation was longer..anyone agreewith that theory?

That happened to me with my private health insurance, my EDD with Marisa was the 15th April which was EXACTLY 12 months to the day I signed up for health insurance - how was that for unconcious knowing!

Because her EDD was earlier, all I needed was a note from the Ob saying that she was indeed due on that day and came early on her own account. So they don't worry about it too much, as long as the EDD is on that day of the 12th month or later it doesn't matter if she / he comes early or late.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by onelittleone
    I only have the 1, I was induced smack on 38 weeks, i had pre-eclampsia and was hospitalised at almost 35 weeks. They kept me going till 38 weeks as my little one was REALLY a little one lol
    She still is a really little one Kellie LMAO

Love

Hendrix was born at 39 weeks to the day.

Aidyn was born at 39 weeks + 1 day.

My 1st was born 35 weeks 5 days and my 2nd 36 weeks 6 days.
    Both born early due to me having pre-eclampsia.

Nicholas was born @ 40 weeks and 3 days .

karen&luke Guest

Thanks everyone! We are just going to go for it and see what happens! Hopefully we'll be joining the May pregnancy buddies thread with any luck!

karen&luke Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BellyBelly
    That happened to me with my private health insurance, my EDD with Marisa was the 15th April which was EXACTLY 12 months to the day I signed up for health insurance - how was that for unconcious knowing!

Because her EDD was earlier, all I needed was a note from the Ob saying that she was indeed due on that day and came early on her own account. So they don't worry about it too much, as long as the EDD is on that day of the 12th month or later it doesn't matter if she / he comes early or late.
    Kelly do you think this is generally accepted with most insurance companies?

I would say so. I am with Medibank Private at the moment but it doesn't hurt to check and ask what happens if the EDD is after the 12 months but baby is born early. You could even reference my story I guess and ask if that's what they do... I have found a few people that have actually been able to haggle with private health companies of late so you never know
    Kelly xx

karen&luke Guest

Thanks Kelly. I'll do that!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast