Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Length of pregnancy for first baby

Fire Fly Guest

My first went 40 weeks, 6 days. Hopeing the next is early as he is due Christmas Day #-o .

Amy was born 39 weeks to the day.

my first DS was born at 42 weeks (would've stayed in there is i had let him!!) and second ds was born at 37w (induced due to me being extremely stressed about his size. he was 8lb!!)

Matthew was born 40weeks, 6 days via c/s but if it was left up to him to come I would have been waiting around for another 7 - 10 days so my OB tells me.

Hi,

My first was born at 42weeks 1 day.

Take care Leah

Eliza was born 37.5 weeks, due to gest diabetes, and a cervical stitch being removed
    Bec

With my first, 38 weeks, but I was induced due to pre-eclampsia. With my second, she was born on her due date based on the ultrasound, and 41 weeks based on LMP.

Bon

Nicholas was 10days overdue and i had to be induced which ended in an emergency c-section
    Ryan was 10 days early because he turned breech so i had a repeat c-section

Matthew arrived on his due date after me having early contractions 4 days before... I was induced the day before to get things happening.

Matilda was born 17 days after her EDD so 42 weeks + 3 days

no. 1 was 41 wks +3days
    no.2 was 41 wks
    no.3 was 41 wks +2 days
    and no. 4 was 39wks + 2days.

Mine really liked cooking

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

Mine were No.1 was 5 & half weeks early. I am not sure why he came early but he did. No.2 was induced because I was having a lot of back pain and he was a big size 8 pound 9 ounces with 2 weeks to go, Obs said he would have been over 11 pound if born on time. No.3 was born only 6 days early and No.4 was 3 days overdue and was induced.

I am now pregnant with Number 5 and if it goes by my history this one should be overdue as well.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and baby girl due in November

Lee-Ann Guest

DD1 was exactly 14 days early.
    DD2 was 4 days over EDD.

Hmmm I wonder what number 3 will be??

Paris was born 40+3 wks.

And you know, this time I am no way near as impatient about getting bubs out LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Mitch4now, were any of yours induced?

Quote Originally Posted by mitch4now
    no. 1 was 41 wks +3days
    no.2 was 41 wks
    no.3 was 41 wks +2 days
    and no. 4 was 39wks + 2days.

Mine really liked cooking
    So far I am 40+1 day and still counting ...

Pearl

Yep my 3rd was induced, I don't think she ever wanted to come out, but it was February and i was so exhausted I begged to be induced at 8 days and they put me in at 9 days late. Later I thought I should have been stronger and waited but too late now! Funnily I was like Cailin by the time I got to the 4th i was actually in no hurry and she came all by herself 2 days early LOL

Cheers michelle

Quote Originally Posted by mitch4now
    Yep my 3rd was induced, I don't think she ever wanted to come out, but it was February and i was so exhausted I begged to be induced at 8 days and they put me in at 9 days late. Later I thought I should have been stronger and waited but too late now! Funnily I was like Cailin by the time I got to the 4th i was actually in no hurry and she came all by herself 2 days early LOL

Cheers michelle
    Wow it's good to know they can still come by themselves even when so late ... most stories I have heard (not many) if it's anything over 41 weeks it's usually induced.

Me = 40w + 3 days today ... am booked in for induction on Friday if nothing happens by then ...

Pearl

My Dr always said he'd allow 10 days over, so you are only going to be allowed 7 days over! I cuoldn't wait the 10 days with the Feb bub though. The others labour started the day bf the actual birth i.e. went into labour on the thursday with no.1 (9days late) and had her just after midnight on day 10. And no.2 went into labour 6 days over and had him at 3.14am on the 7th day late.

Hopefully the bub will come of it's own accord bf hand for you cos I can tell yuo that my naturally beginning labours were way nicer than my induction in that I felt more in control and comfortable than with the induction, and I didn't have a drip either, just gel and then my waters broken! things seem to ease in with a naturally starting labour. Best of luck with whatever way it happens!

Cheers michelle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast