Thread: mucus show

Default mucus show

Yay i had a 'show' this morning at 4.30am I've had lots of 'tightenings' over the past few days (like over my whole tummy - not sure if that is BH? I get the occassional stronger one lower down in the pelvis which i thought was BH).
    Anyway, i know a show of mucusy plug doesn't mean anything is about to happen right now, and i've read the early labour signs article etc which says it could be another 2 weeks away yet... But Please don't let that be the case!!! I'm so ready!!
    What is generally the 'norm'? Within the next couple of days, you reckon i might start contractions?? Last time i had the stretch and sweep (which i had yesterday) i had a mucusy show slowly over 24 hours, and contractions started about 12 hours after the S&S and DS was born the next day. I had the s&s at 10am yesterday and nothing happened until a big blobby show early this morning. Any ideas/shared experiences?

No ideas for you... but GOOD LUCK and lots and lots of labour vibes coming your way!
    xo

I alway have gone into on the day or night after I lose my plug normaly start labor within 12hrs so good luck hope it happens this quickly for you too..

the tightenings sound like BH but just remember the more of these you have the more you body is ready for the real thing.

Yeah you will be a mummy very soon.

Ohhh how exciting Linds! I remember when I lost some of my MP I was jumping around all over the place! (as much as a pregnant woman can jump that is lol)
    I lost some when I was 38 weeks exactly, then nothing until 1 week later. Then I had some more (39 weeks), and then went into labour that night and DD was born at 39 + 1 day.

be interested in reading your replies LG, I am due today and had a S&S last night. This morning have lost the MP too. Just waiting for contractions now. Good luck!

Good luck girls not long now till you are holding your precious little ones. I had a bloody mucs show for a week before DD come.

Thanks for your replies
    Not much else has happened, except a few more niggling tightening feelings, but no more MP showing. I am restless though (don't want to sit down) and a bit grumpy
    Good luck for you too izzy4real Lets hope these babies come soon!

Enchanted Guest

How exciting Linds! I never lost my mp (i know i will have at some stage but I didn't in early labour anyway!!). The tightenings sound great... they can be annoying and uncomfortable but you want LOTS of pre-labour! I was having 'pre-labour' contractions for 2 days and by the time I got to hospital I was 4-5cm dilated! I got there with minimal pain.... fingers crossed the same happens for you hun

Good luck!

Yay Linds, how exciting! I had a small mucus show on a tuesday morning (37weeks exactly) and got really excited. Then exactly one week later (38w), I had another one, but with a bit of blood in it. My girl was born the following saturday.. so it was about a week and a half from the very first mucus show to birth. I hadnt been getting a great deal of BH beforehand though. I only started getting lots of BH and prelabour contrax the day before she was born. I ws also really restless the day before my girl was born. DH kept telling me to rest but I just couldnt stay still!

Hope you get to meet your little once very soon!

LG
    I bet you have that baby in your arms before the weekend is out