Thread: my fears

cathy Guest

Default my fears

i just read about rupturing membranes ew that sounds horrible and painful i wonder how they do it actually i dont think i want to know thats a fear of mine andi certainly dont want them to have to do that to me i also fear the pain of labour fear i will hyperventilate ( have a habit of doing that when im about to have a needle ) and tearing, episotomy c/s everything scares me every now and then when i think about it i get so nervous am i the only wimp????

I had a CVS test done at 12 weeks ( am now 20 weeks ) and it was horrible it hurt and i felt it all even with a local anaesthetic :smt005

Cathy

cathy Guest

Default -

Thanks Colleen you are right and i know it, sometimes i wont feel frightened and some other days it really scares me but when i go into the nursery and picture LUKE in there and see all those gorgeous little
    BLUE outfits i have already got him nothing else will matter!! Anyway, Thankyou once again you have made me feel a lot better and Good Luck!

Hi Cathy

Colleen is right having your waters broken doesn't hurt at all. I have had it done twice and experienced no pain with it at all.

Love :smt049

Hi Cathy,

When I was about 30 weeks we went to antinatal classes and I just became terrifed of everything to do with the birth. So I began really reading up on it all and asking my OB a million questions. I cried every 2 minutes with terror al over Christmas!

When it came down to the actual birth, fears were replaced by determination and excitement at finally meeting my little one. Honestly, sounds corny, but it was the best thing I have ever done. Regardless of the pain, I would do it all again in a heartbeat!

My birth story is here if you want a squizz.........
    Olivia's Birth Story

cathy Guest

Default birth

thanks lucy i thouroughly enjoyed reading your birth story and olivia is adorable

Hi Cathy, the best advice that I got (and retained through labour...) was "to listen to your midwife" she will tell you exactly what to do when you need to do it iykwim.

Jo

i had my waters broken for me too with josh and it didnt hurt

Lesley