Thread: Are my waters breaking?

Bec Guest

Default Are my waters breaking?

Hi girls,

Well last night I noticed a little bit of water coming out. Then we did the deed as I didnt think much of it.

This morning however I have to put a pad on as I keep getting a fluid with no colur coming out every so often. Also last night I got really full on BH.

I am pretty sure it has that sweet smell to it, not that I have really smelt it.

Is this my waters breaking? at a reall slow rate?

If it is, do I call the hospital? or wait until we go and see my Ob (app at 11.45 today) ? they said in ante natal that if your waters break to come straight to hospital. But what if it is the hindwaters not the forewaters?

I also am not very keen on telling them as contractions could be hours away and I dont want to be induced!

Bec

Bec definitely call ths hospital darl

Tigergirl1980 Guest

It could be your hindwaters but you never know, I'd call or go to the hossy just in case.

Bec, how far are you, are you ready to pop so to speak?

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hmmmmmmmmmmm I just re read, if you have an appointment at 11:45 that's not too far away, you haven't had a big gush so they haven't well and truly broken so maybe just wait until then. Or atleast call the hossy and tell them about and tell them that you have an OB appointment today.

Bec Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nadia
    Bec, how far are you, are you ready to pop so to speak?
    Hi I am 38 weeks and 1 day today.

I think I will have a shower and get ready and then maybe call the hosptial.

Bec

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Sounds like a good idea, good luck

That sounds like your hindwaters... I knew as soon as I woke up damp one morning & wondered if I'd wet myself, then I smelt that smell & it is a sweet distinctive smell, I recalled smellkng it once before & realised that it was with DD#1 the waters smell sweet, sounds bizarre hey... But babies are sweet so I guess they lounge around in sweet fluids...

But I'd say it's pretty much definately your hind waters slowly leaking...

Good Luck at OB today sounds like you could be very close to meeting bubba!!!!

Yippee!!!!

mizzsocial Guest

The further along in pregnacny i get, the more CM i get, so there is a chance its just the normal discharge associated with Pregnancy, but if you need to wear a pad, then thats more than usual..

My waters broke with my son, but they broke all at once, so im not really much help sorry!!

let us know what your doctor says!!

That sounds EXACTLY like the slow leak I had with my daughter.
    Good luck I think there'll be a baby soon!

Any news Bec?