Thread: Need some opinions please!

Default Need some opinions please!

After having both of my boys by emergency c-section (nick was fetal distress and Ryan was breech) I was told by my OB and all of the midwives that all of my subsequent children would have to be c-section.
    I would really like to have a natural birth this time as i had planned with #2 but don't yet know if my Midwives will allow it.

What i need help with is after 2 c-sections, is it safe to try for a natural birth even if i go overdue?
    I went into spontaneious(sp?) labour at 38weeks with #2 so i know i can go into labour on my own but don't know if they will push me into having another c-section

Any help would be great

TIA

mizzsocial Guest

I think if you have had 1 c-section, they usually allow you to try and have a natural delivery.. but i think if you have had more that 1 c-section, then most doctors/midwifes wont allow you to try.. But i could be wrong.!!!.

I would get several opinions from different OB's and Doctors..

You can have a VBA2C. Talks to CARES SA. THey are near you and can provide up to date info and support. Including midwives and ob's that will be helpful. But please know that it is possible for you to have a natural birth even after 4 c/s.

Email me if you need help finding them.

Cheers

Thank you for replying ladies,
    Philippa thank you for the info, i will deffinately contact them

brodes80 Guest

hi naomi

on the weekend i read about a lady who had a natural birth after 4 CS!!!! she had help from 'Birthrites"