Thread: Nesting

Default Nesting

I posted this in 3rd tri, but got no repiles so I'm hoping thats because it was in the wrong place and not because noone likes me

How soon before you went into labour did you experience it? What about other psychological/emotional things like a sudden calmness or increasing irritability? Do you think it can be considered a reliable sign of things starting to happen?

Sorry Natalie, must have missed it before!! Its not that you aren't liked

I found the first time around I basically would go through waves of nesting but never at the end. I would have almost obsessive/compulsive days where I would tear apart part of the house & clean it and put it all back together. And then I would be satisfied for a few days/weeks and then have to do clean somewhere else later. I think it started for me when I was home more so after 32 weeks.

Hi Natalie I also went through waves of nesting beginning from mid 2nd tri - to mid 3rd (as i never made it to the end with dd coming 6 weeks prem). I found those nesting times really frustrating as we were...and still are renevating. There would be days i'd go crazy cause there was nothing i could do to make things perfect!

Natalie, I went through it RIGHT at the last minute with Olivia......ie I was already in labour! I was cleaning skirting boards between contractions! So with her it took ages to kick in, but the house we lived in then was very modern and clean and organised already, so that maybe had something to do with it?

With Charlie, I was also planning our wedding whilst pg with him, as well as an interstate move (am I mad??! LOL!) so I can remember the last half of the pregnancy being all about "getting organised" and "nesting" the WHOLE time!

With this current pregnancy, it may be coincidence, but I felt that she "dropped" and engaged about 10 days ago, OB confrimed that she is head down in pelvis already, and since then I have zoomed into nesting mode.....had a huge spring clean this weekend........

I remember with Lindsay we finished moving into our new place on the Saturday and he was born on the Tuesday. At the time I didn't even realise that i was nesting IYKWIM until the Monday when I had my show, but I didn't feel as tired that weekend.

With Erin I was already a few days over and I was convinced I would have her on October 13 - the day of the Bathurst 1000 because i really wanted to watch it, but when the day came I just couldn't sit still to watch it anyway - I was cooking cakes and cleaning and i even went to the rubbish tip with a load of rubbish. The next day I was in labour...

With Paige I don't really remember any sort of nesting at all.

I'm not sure about feelings of calmness LOL - DH reckons I was cranky the whole way through. I do think that it would vary tremendously from person to person though, but not sure about the time between having the nesting and having the baby. One thing I do know is that at the time, you never recognise it until after the baby is born and you realise that you wre nesting.

Hey, you know I luv ya!

I had major nesties for the two days before I had Emily. Cleaned all day long. Also had an uncontrollable urge to go shopping