Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never going to happen

Post Never going to happen

I'm 6 days overdue and I don't think this bubs is ever going to move out

6 days!!

My sister told me she went 12 days before spontaneous labour happened to her There is NO way I can wait that long.. come on baby....come out and meet mummy and daddy!!!

Your prayers, labour dances and any tricks for an imminent labour is muchly appreciated.....

i could suggest you try what got u pregnant in the first place apparantly that works lol

Tried and tried again....Poor DH all worn out

Baby will come i promise you!

my first was 15 days over and 2nd was 9 days..

Nipple stimulation worked here. I didn't think it would but I did it at 10pm and my waters broke at 5am next day. Could have been coincidence, but then again maybe not
    I also had accupuncture to get contractions going which worked really well!

I was going to suggest accupuncture as well.

lol it will happen. good luck for when it does

Sending you some labour vibes! Hope it happens soon for you and you get to meet your gorgeous bub!

This is the longest part of pregnancy - every day past your EDD! I was 8 days over, and well and truly over it by then! I second the suggestions for acupuncture or acupressure - might help? But then again, bub will come when ready, and I swear it's one of the biggest lessons we learn as parents....patience Can't wait to see your BA!

i feel your pain as i am only day 2 past due date with fifth baby and seem to be having endless false contractions that never go anywhere that are driving me crazy.

i know with my four baby when i was four past due date i used four evening primrose tablets inserted and contractions started only 4hrs later but could have been coincidence.

I was 14 days over with ds then induced. He was overcooked. Hope your bub comes really soon.

One thing I can guarantee is that your baby will come out! I do remember feeling the same way though. I was induced at 14 days over, but to be honest, with hindsight, I really wish I'd waited a bit longer.
    It's just a matter of days now - rest up and spoil yourself a little.

Quote Originally Posted by marcellus View Post
    It's just a matter of days now - rest up and spoil yourself a little.
    Exactly what I was going to say. Get yourself as well rested as you can. Hire out the DVD store!

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    I was going to suggest accupuncture as well.
    Yep I second that helped me.... I had it and 2 days later DD came! I was 7 days overdue so I know how you feel.....

It will happen!!

I was 41 + 4 and I was induced for 3 days and still nothing so I know how it feels!! But I went home for the night and totally relaxed and when I went back in the morning I was 2cms dilated!

So I suggest to try and relax.. hard I know!!

Good luck!

Oh you poor thing! DS was 12 days late (though when he was born, we had a great birth and he looked just perfect - not overdone at all. DH says it takes a bit longer to bake perfection! Baby will come when they are ready - we knew our dates exactly and DS just needed a bit longer in than textbook).

Your little one WILL arrive!

There are so many things to try (which I'm sure you've googled) but this is what we did: accupuncture, BD, massage with clary sage (check with your MW first), spicy food, kurb walking (lots and lots of walking!), EPO, raspberry leaf tea, drive on a bumpy road etc. Some of them I didn't really expect to work, but at least I felt like I was doing something!

Also, my MW said that average for first time mums without intervention was 9 days late (so maybe think of it as you are actually 3 days before your due date!)

HTH

oh i'm in Bendigo too. My first was 40+7 and second 40+8. I know it seems like a long time right now, but retrospectivley with both pregnancies I would have been happy with a couple more days. if it haasn't happened yet it will very soon, hang in there nothng wrong with a slightly overdone bubba

Hands and knees and scrub the floor

Worked everytime for my mum

Hope you get to meet your bundle soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast