Thread: Not sure what to think?

Default Not sure what to think?

For about a week now my braxton hicks have been mostly in my lower back which sometimes also come around to the front, under my belly(bub is not posterior either so dunno why they are in my back). Midwife checked for UTI, don't have one so much be BH.

Last night i had been feeling a little 'off'. Went to bed around 11:30pm but couldn't get comfy at all. Back was aching like mad, belly very sore and just really uncomfy, so just sat up in bed for a few hours. Back pain started getting worse so i went and had a bath. Didn't do a thing, made them worse if anything. Feeling quite nausous at this point too and also have the need to do #2 but can't.

So got out of bath and came and sat on here for a while to see if they'd go away. Well i've had 5 of these 'pains' in the last 45-50mins. Too tired to actually count them properly.

Bub is moving quite happily as usual, so not worried at all.

So am i just having horrible BH or is this labour or what? I don't want to have to call the hospital and them ask me to come in because Jacob has yet to get his licence(but going for it this week) and so i'm the only one who can drive at the moment.

Tegan, not really sure sweety. I guess by now your having some sleep that you should've been having lastnight. I too had BH in my back with Tehya. I started having them though early in my second trimester.

The fact that you had a bath and the pains are still there could suggest contractions. I think the best thing for you to do is to give the hospital a call and let them know whats going on, especially as your only 35 weeks.

Goodluck sweety and let us know how you go.

I was reading in the booklet the midwife gave me at my last visit that BH are felt at the top of the stomach not down low or in your back.
    I think if it continues you should go in & be monitored.

I agree with Fiona, BH are usually across the top of the belly and not low down but it is possible they will vary for everyone. They also don't have that distinctive peak that contractions do. Keep your eye on them for a while and while I know it is a pain, you just might have to ring just to double check, because you don't want to risk getting caught out.

Well got about 2 hours sleep after going back to bed at 6am. Pains finally went away. But woke up and now they are back, getting one every 10-15mins. Will just have to see how i go, if they get any worse i will ring my midwife.

That's funny that BH are not felt in the back or down low. My BH with Lily were always down low.

My BH's were always across the middle of my belly, like a band sort of. But they will be different for everyone.

Have you tried a shower yet? I was told that having a shower will stop BH's, but if it is the real deal they wont go away.

Hi,

It could be labour or it could be that baby needs some more room and your uterus is stretching a bit more.

I get uncomfortable like you when my uterus is stretching.

A shower never eased off my BH either. Theres been a few times ive have bouts of regular BH and a shower never eased them so i went into the hospital but i wasnt in labour.

I would just monitor how many you are getting and if they get close then go in to get checked.