Thread: nothing happening at all

Unhappy nothing happening at all

hi girls i had my 40 week check up today and i had an internal and she could feels bubz head but my cervixs are still high she couldnt really reach them and im still closed this baby dosent wont out anytime soon very up set.......

also forgot to say he is in my pelvis pressing agence my cervixs too
    Last edited by baiza; July 7th, 2006 at 09:55 PM.

if he's in that position pressing on the cervix.. then things will probably get going soon for you Just coz it's closed today, doesn't mean it will be tomorrow!

Good luck!

*labour vibes*

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Things can change in an instant, don't you worry hon! The more stressed you are, the more it will slow your labour! Relax, perhaps try some accupuncture, you can get induction accupuncture done, massage is brilliant - take your mind off things! It always happens when you are relaxed - baby will know that you are ready for him / her
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

I agree with Kelly, forget the clock and take down all the calendars!

RELAX! Find something that relaxes you, or distracts you as Kelly mentioned. Now is a great time to go see a movie or do something that will get your mind off everything. And turn the answering machine on coz there is nothing worse than "Is he here yet" phone calls *ugh* I had pre-labour for 2 weeks prior to birth and I literally pretended the world did not exist. I didn't go where I knew I'd be ambushed by the "not long to go" comments. I didn't look at the calendar, or at the time. I tried to sleep as much as possible, rest, relax, warm baths, burning essential oils. Lots of cuddles with Marc, try and feel as comfortable as possible. If you can go get a massage... but make sure it relaxing! Tracey Habron did a massage for me and 48 hrs later I was in labour.

Goodluck, and please try not to be impatient... anxiety will only slow things down even more or make the time go slower thats for sure!

I know its hard, but think of it this way the longer your body is working at getting there when labour finally kicks in it won't have as much work to do. Your body is doing wonderful things, let it!

*hugs*
    Cailin

ETA: HAHAHAHA don't post that late at night for fear of brain fart central LOL *edits typo's and errors*
    Last edited by Rouge; July 8th, 2006 at 12:15 PM.

thanks girls im going to try i think its just hard as evryone i know around me has had there babies and they were due after me or the same time i just hate worrying about him i just wanna hold him and know he is ok im just silly thank you you have made me feel much better

Bizar-
    Relax- i was like that and today i have decided that bubs will come when he/she wants to, the last week i have tried almost anything to bring on labour and have only been getting alot b/h for 1 1/2 weeks. I am just going to TRY and enjoy the rest of my time being pregnant and time with Madison before bubs is born.