Thread: pain or no pain??

Ellibam Guest

Default pain or no pain??

i just wanted to know is it possible to have contractions with out pain. or pain with out contractions, during the first parts of labour??

Zander was posterior (his back to my back) so I had a lot of trouble distinguishing my contractions. I had a lot of pain in my back & it was just constistent so it was hard to tell when the contractions were coming in the early stages. I was on MSN with Cailin trying to time them & they went on for several minutes so I thought, but it was mainly the back pain that I was getting them confused with!

So yup, you can have pain in the early stages without contrations from my experience. I have also heard that some people don't notice they are in labour because they have the tightening without the pain.

Yep you can surely have contractions without pain. My mum has painfree labours, she actually gets told when she's in labour not the other way around. I guess that would be a great thing but also quite dangerous, who knows where you could end up having your baby.

Hehe, another way for painfree contractions is with an epidural

Take care
    Trish

Ellibam Guest

Thank guys
    im glad you could understand my question.
    i thought after i posted it it was stupid, but i feel my stomach tighten but dont get the pain that everyone says they get.

Ive had tightenings of my stomach aswell and don't get any pain. Im putting these down to braxton hicks. Though last friday i had some that were painful (only mild period pain), and i thought this was labour but it wasn't ](*,) hope so soon

katanya Guest

The Ob/gyn I saw in hospital had pain free labours..contractions but no pain..she told me thsi when I asked what contarctions felt like..she said she'd been a ob/.gyn for 20 years and had 2 children and still couldn't answer that question..

I'm afraid to say that I had painless Braxton Hicks, and had a painful labour..until the epidural that is