Thread: Pelvic "Twinges"

Default Pelvic "Twinges"

I've never done this before, and given that I'm due tomorrow I'm assuming everything is 'pre labour' but wondering if anyone can shed some light from their own experience?

On Saturday night I had what I thought were contractions every 10 minutes for about 6 hours. They didn't get any stronger or longer, and I ended up going to sleep (what, with the election the only thing on telly, no wonder!)

Nothing yesterday except losing some more of my plug (has been happening since my S&S on Thursday)

Today I had what I think was a contraction this morning, but since then have been having regular 'twinges' in my pelvis. I'm not sure I know what my cervix 'feels' like, but it's definitely in that area. I have a slight backache, but I don't think it's anything different to the last couple of weeks. The twinges feel a little like bubba is butting his head down, if nothing else....

Um... I'm not sure If I have an actual question!!! Having never had period pain- is this what contractions feel like?

Maybe. It's very likely braxton hicks/pre-labour warmup. Sharp pains down low could also be your baby headbutting you.
    Sounds like you're getting very close now - all the best

krystals I think I know what you mean....in the few days leading up to DD's birth I described it as almost like an electric shock right down low in my pelvis, wasn't accompanied by an other sensation, just a real spark right up and inside me. When I explained it and tried to point out where, the MW and my doula both said it seemed as though I was describing feelings right in my cervix, and was most likely pressure from bub/cervix getting ready. It was a really bizarre feeling!

Whatever it may be, good luck!

Thankyou ladies!

HB- you've described it better than me! That's exactly what I'm talking about!

ohhh that's exactly what i have been getting today! it is soooo weird and strangely feels like someone from the inside is trying to pry my cervix open with their fingers...then i get this image of it being my baby doing it and have visions of the 'alien' movie lol.

was in ikea when it was happening and thought that it was her head putting heaps of pressure on 'down there', but yeah definitely sharp, stabby pains in cervix area that over me every 15 minutes (with really mild back pain).

Krystals that it's not too much longer for you babe!