Thread: is this politically correct nowadays?!

Default is this politically correct nowadays?!

Just went into my hair-dressers to get some more shampoo and conditioner and the receptionist was talking about how my hair would probably change.....and I quote:

'after you give birth or have your operation'

Now, no offense to those who have had or are having a c-section, but since when do other women feel they have to give it as an option in normal conversation? Perhaps she just being politically correct or other hair-dressers there had had c-sections and they all eavesdrop?
    Anyway, it was just weird to have that said to me, that's all....

And since when is a c/s not giving birth? How else is the baby birthed into the world??

I think it was weird too. I would have thought "after you give birth" to be all that is needed to say.

I find it weird as well.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I hear all sorts of things, especially with hairdressers LOL and I just think they are ignorant and ignore them. Once I thought motherhood would be easy too and couldnt see it as being really 'hard' but now I take offence if someone says its easy... So I think its just not knowing... they are often young and/or kidless too!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

She could have said something like "after you have had the baby"
    I find it very weird that she said that too you.

I've had two c-section and maytimes have i been told i haven't given birth.

I agaree with you all. We all give birth, sometimes the route is different...

Just another WIERD BiZZARRE thing. I was in a maternity wear shop yesterday and they had those tshirts: Whosyadaddy? Kinda cute I guess... The next one was "coming to a theatre near you. I said to the woman mmm that's a bit presumptuous. She said "oh love it's the only way to go... What the????

Should I retaliate and design one that says: "Coming to a Vagina near YOU"??
    Or "Coming to a Birth Pool near YOU????

I reckon its so politically incorrect its not funny...what a weird thing to say!!!

Jo

I agree, to me the phrase "give birth" is all that would need to be said. It's still giving birth, no matter which way it happens.

Maybe she was just trying to be careful about what she said? To her, 'give birth' probably just means vaginally so she was probably trying to make it seem like she wasn't assuming anything. IYKWIM. My Dad's girlfriend is a beautician and she has said she has to be careful what she says as there have been many times when she has completely put her foot in it - like asking when someone is due when she isn't pregnant etc.

LOL - I wonder how some people would react to seeing a T-shirt that said "Coming to a vagina near you"! I would love to see that.

LOL I would love to have a "coming to a vagina near you" shirt!

I saw the daddy one & DH got quite offended. He is so proud to be a daddy that he felt it made lightly the job of fathers.

LMAO!! What an idiot.