Thread: Posterier and Induction Q's!?

Default Posterier and Induction Q's!?

1. My ob has said that bub is nead down, but in posterier position... just woindering if this means a longer, more painful labour/birth?

and

2. I have GD, so may need to be induced... I have read the inducing article on the main site, but just wondering, If I was to decide to be induced, I would like to know other's experience with inducement and pain relief... is it still likey that I can be active, and pain relief free?

Kelly I know that you will be able to tell me lots, looking forward to all the replies...

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Mel, have you read this post: http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ad.php?t=11009 about GD and Induction? It's a study you might like to print off and show your OB.

I wouldn't stress about bubs being posterior now, stacks of time to move. The woman I am supporting this month had an OP baby and it has just been this last week (she was due last friday) has moved OA. So don't worry yourself about it now. Do some research on Optimal Fetal Positioning, there is an article on the main site about it, and you can google it. Check out the spinning babies site too.

Generally the most painful births are posterior or induced, so if you have both you will need lots of great support, but like I say, it's early and you may need not worry about it! I also know women who have had both without pain relief, it is a low percent but it is possible.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Damn... I thought you were going to say something like that Kelly... Thanks heaps though, I will check out that article, and google too...

I knew you would have the answers for me!

I had a posterior birth and was induced. In my opinion one dose of gel didn't make for a painful birth - it was the fact she was OP and I was ripe and ready to go that made it all a bit uncomfy!

I would definitly advise on doing as much as you can now to prepare your body as I found it too hard to do anything in labour to help with positioning. As you are still a reasonable amount of time away, I would think you would have a really good chance of doing something really proactive to get there! I have heard that one of the keys is no slouching in the last few weeks - something I may have been guilty of without even knowing! I spent alot of time in bed in the last few weeks reading

However I had heard of several mums who were quite able to cope with a posterior baby during labour and get through it all, so there is every chance that you will be fine! Have a positive attitude and knowing that it will all turn out OK eventually would be a great start.

Good luck!

It depends how they induce you too - if you have the gel and get started on your own it will be easier to do it without pain relief than if you end up on the drip.

I was induced with the drip (GD as well), I'll be honest it is very painful. I think too alot depends how long you're in labour - I went 10 hours on it without the epi but it took another 8 hours to get her out of there after that and I couldn't have gone that long. But if it's a shortish labour again your odds are much better. My bub started posterior but she turned fairly early in the labour.

Induction with the drip will mean they'll want you on constant monitoring so make sure you're ready to say no to them on that if you want to move around.

I'm really hoping for an epidural free birth this time as well, so lets hope we both get what we want I think the key is make sure you're prepared and do your research (which you are )

Flea is right, anything can cause hyperstimulation but on an oxytocin drip - ouch. But possible of course I am not one of those few who have been able to though!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Thanks guys... it's good to know that you have been there done that... and got through it all...

I do have a bit to go, so will try and be as prepared as possible, and positive thinking!

LOL Fi as soon as I read "I have heard that one of the keys is no slouching in the last few weeks" I sat up straighter!!!

Thanks Jillian... at least I know that you did it!!! And yes I hope bubs spins for me... we will just have to wait and see...

Kelly - Spinning babies www is great... got some great tips from it - Thanks

mizzsocial Guest

hey, at my 39 week appointment my bub was still slightly posterior, and when i went into labor he went back tothe normal way..
    lets hope your little on is the same!!

Kelly xx

Kelly - that article is fantastic... I am adding the link to my signature... just in case people don't see it here! (and on the MS!!)

Thank you Thank you Thank you