Thread: postpartum bleeding?

Default postpartum bleeding?

it has been 4 weeks since i gave birth to my daughter, and we had a normal vaginal delivery with no drugs. though is it normal to pass clots at this stage? Just then i saw dark dark red clot like the size of 2 50cents piece. But now when i checked my pad there is only a smear of brown blood. Should i be concerned? Is it normal to still pass blood even after 4 weeks?

It can be. I was told once that sometimes the blood will 'pool' inside your uterus and form a clot instead of just flowing out with the rest of it and after a while they will come away. You have to remember too that your uterus is still shrinking and healing from where the placenta was as well, so as it gets smaller it is going to force out anything that may still be in there. If it is not accompanied by pain, fever or heavy bleeding, then there should be no cause for alarm, but keep an eye on it jic.

I sometimes get clotting in my normal cycles. I just tend to be a heavy bleeder.

not sure about clots. But i bled for 6 weeks.

this happened to me too hun - as long as the clots stop within a short time its ok, if it continues you could be heading toward a PPH.

I hope it has settled down for you babe, PPH isnt fun

My lochia lasted for about 6 weeks after my dd birth. Not sure about the clot question. Perhaps best to call your carer - such as midwife, OBS or the likes.