Thread: Practise run?

Mattys Girl Guest

Question Practise run?

hi my name is Lisa and i'm soon to be a new mum.
    i'm about nine days over due and all day yesterday i was experiencing constant discomfort in my lower tummy. I have had a show over the past 3 days and at about 10pm last i started experiencing what i thought were contractions (sharp pain in lower front and back). They were about a minute long and were about 10-15 minutes apart. They didnt stop until about 5am this morning. After that nothing has happened. I rang the hospital and they said that it was just a practise run. It felt so real please tell me its not far off?

i dont want to seem as though i'm "jumping the gun" the next time i call...

It sounds pretty promising Lisa! I'm sure you'll have that bub in your arms very soon. It really drags on at the end, doesn't it? I only went one day over with my first, and the second was a week early, and that was still PLENTY long enough for me! It'll be done soon, hun, hang in there. All the best!

I'm sure it won't be long now Lisa. Enjoy the break from pains while you can LOL! My bet is that it will start up again before the day is out.

Mattys Girl Guest

Thanx girlies, that little bit of reassurance was all i needed
    i still have constant discomfort, but hey look whats at the end!!

Mattys Girl
    Not too long now. Your practice run is a good sign that your baby is just about ready to come and meet the world