Thread: Pre Labour???? Your experiences pls!

Default Pre Labour???? Your experiences pls!

OK for the last week I've been having what I thought was pre labour (cramping, some really painful contrax (20-10min apart) back pain, diorreah, heaps of thick discharge etc) but when I spoke to my OB today he tells me no way as bub is posterier? (spine against my spine) and that this can make you feel like your going into labour when your not and that bub isn't ready to be born as she is in this position. So now I feel like an idiot. Not that I want bub to be born yet but I don't know if I can do this for another 5wks. Anyone else had experiences like this? Any thoughts advice would be great

Nope, nothing like this sorry. Don't feel like an idiot though, now is not the time to be feeling sick and crappy. I feel for you and wish you all the luck in the world for a speedy, safe and healthy delivery.

Oh Sarah you poor thing. At least we have our wish that baby will remain inside until term. I really feel for you and unfortunately don't have any advice on what to do. Just wanted to let you know that i'm thinking of you. hugs to you.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Look up lots of info on optimal fetal positioning, there is an article on the main site. Going into labour with a posterior bub is not fun. Usually, the most painful labours are posterior and induced.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Just to let you know that not all posterior labours or births are that shocking. I was in labour for about 90 minutes with my second, and yes while my back was sore and hurting heaps in labour I did birth him naturally and without any drugs whatsoever.

Brandon was in that position for several weeks after spending the majority of my pregnancy transverse. He was born at 39 weeks

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Sorry I didnt want to make it sound THAT bad hehehe... but often you have your normal labour and back pain too, so it makes it a little more unbarable, heaps for some, not much for others. Optimal Fetal Positioning is good for every baby though
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

I had weeks of prelabour & Jovie wasn't posterior. I'd have the same labour type symptoms on for a few hours & then stop for a day or two and then back again etc etc... I just went to bed everytime & thought it if was labour I wouldn't be in bed for long.

Thanks Christy - not really what I wanted to hear as far as it going on for weeks :-) but I'll try the lying down thing and see if that helps, at the moment it hurts so much to be still I just want to keep moving.

Just wondering why would dr have said no chance of being in pre labour if baby is posterior if labouring with posterior baby is the worst??? What would he have meant by this?