Thread: Pregnancy After A C-Section

Mummy2B Guest

Default Pregnancy After A C-Section

Hello

Quick question for those of you who have had c-sections (or know about them), how soon is too soon to be pg after a c-sect?

My baby is 3mths old and was born via c-sect, and although my body could be playing tricks, I could possibly be pg.

Have you, or know of anyone who has had a pg this soon after a c-sect? I'm kind of stressing out, but also not, if that makes sense. If I am, well we will deal with it, but just would like to hear from others experiences.

Thanks!

Hi Mummy2B,

My Dp's sister inlaw fell pg about 8 weeks after her c - section, personally I think that is way too soon and your body needs a chance to recover from having the first bub. Her pg was fine apart from the usual things although she did go on to have another c - section. They now have 2 little girls aged 2 and 3 only 11 months apart.

Take care
    Trish

Mummy2B Guest

Hi Trish

Thanks for your reply. Yes I do think its too soon as well, but unfortunately I guess sometimes these things happen. Glad to hear that everything went ok for her though.

If I am pg, the baby is definitely wanted, just a bit sooner then planned!!

Pietta Guest

I have just had a c-s and i was told to wait 6 months!! but then i think if our bodies werent okay with us being preg so quickly then they wouldnt have started ovulating again now would they! Good luck with everything if you are preg!

Hi Mummy2be,

I hope that my reply didn't seem rude in anyway. That wasn't my intention at all 8-[ I hope all does go well for you guy's either way. Our bodies have a way of adapting to things anyway.

Take care
    Trish

Mummy2B Guest

Pee, I wasn't told by anyone how long to wait before getting pg again. After doing some research online, it would seem that everyone has a different opinion :?

Trish, you didn't come across rude at all! I know its not the best of situations, but it definately wasn't planned. I don't like to say it was an accident IYKWIM, but more of a 'surprise'.

I guess time will tell, I have had a faint HPT and I feel like crap, DH is certain I am cause i'm acting like I did when I got pg with DS lol, but I guess we will just have to wait and see what is happening.

I know alot of people will probably frown heavily upon us if I am pg now :smt009 but since DS was a miracle conceived with fertility treatments, if I am pg naturally I guess it was just meant to be.

Thanks for your responses anyway.

Thought i would see if anyone had any new information.

I am due to have my second child by c-section and would like to go on and have another but not sure how long we will have to wait to try again.

Like most things there are lots of opinions on this. I was told, and believe, that it takes 9 months for the body to be prepared. But hey if you're pg then obviously your body must be ready - I believe in the amazing powers of our bodies and souls. \/

Good luck if you are pg - wishing you a happy and healthy baby

We waited a year to try again after the first c-section. Don't want to wait as long this time but if we have to then we will.

A girl i used to know had a c-section and fell pg within the first month so she has just over 9 months between her two. But had not spoke to her after her first child so i don't know how it all went.

One of my GFs did fall pg straight after a c-section and then after having the second child by c-section she had her tubes tied \/

Hi am pg after csec, but not til 13 mths, OB said any less than 18 mths between deliveries, and it has to be a repeat csec, as scar takes 18mths to recover/heal properly. But its never too soon for another bubs, just need to have another csec is all! O Good luck.