Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pregnant and in Victoria?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Pregnant and in Victoria?

Dear lovely ladies,

This year I began a wonderful course in Birth Attending, which ironically goes for nine months. Originally I did this course with the intention of then wanting to study the Bachelor of Midwifery but I am really enjoying the Birth Attending for the time being - I love the whole idea of supporting the mother and being with her for her whole labour, one on one continuous support, hopefully helping her to acheive a natural labour if thats what she wants (amazing what difference the support can make!). Of course I have no problems with a caesarian birth or other whatsoever.

I feel extremely priviledged and lucky enough to already have a few BellyBelly people allow me to be present for their births before November, however if anyone else would be interested in having me support them for the birth of their baby (not in a medical role at all purely support), then please email me at [email protected]. Even if you might know someone who would be interested I would love to hear from you.

I always totally respect a woman's space when pregnant and birthing, so if it's not something you would feel comfortable doing, then I completely understand - even if you change your mind before the birth, I would have no problem with that. If you would prefer me to be there for some stages and not others, I would understand also.

So please let me know if you are interested and I would love to chat with you further. I don't mind if you are having a home birth, waterbirth or hospital birth - I am not there to judge but be there for whatever you need.

Thank-you again to those who have contacted me and are allowing me to be present to a very intimate part of their life.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Kelly,
    Honestly I could not care less who was there...
    I will let you know after my U/S etc & have dates etc, discuss with DHetc, etc... But personally I am happy...
    Will let you ...

Have already sent you an email, Kelly!

Awwww thanks soooo much guys!!! I really appreciate it and am totally over the moon that you would even consider such a thing! Of course I would love to chat to you both beforehand much more, so you feel at ease. As I mentioned, I am totally open in regards to what you want me to see and not.

Thank-you for helping me with my dream - I'm doing everything I can to get there and they all tell me being part of labours other than my own is highly regarded amongst a few other things (e.g. doing the units I am etc.). I wont let you down!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

kelly there is a very good chance that i will be having a third ceasarian section.if you would like to be part of something different to a vaginal birth you are most welcome.
    nikki

Thanks Nicole - I would love to!!! Will email you soon
    Kelly xx

Hi Kelly, babe no 4 is on the way, I have had a vaginal and a csec, so am hoping for a vbac (if I can) and an audience never bothered me( you should have seen the twins birth!!) So if you want to, I am available
    Vanita

Debbie Lee Guest

Doh! I have only just come across this post! Probably a little too late now as I am going in tomorrow!
    I would have loved to have you there to help you out, Kel! Ah well... next baby?? LOL

I would have loved to helped you as well Kelly... mine labour turned out to be very interesting to say the least! I knew there was a reason I was getting scared that day at your place!

Good luck with everything!

CONGRATULATIONS
    I hope you find this a very rewarding experience. All the best for your future in midwifery, I'm sure from the way your care for mums here on the website that you have the heart to become a fabulous mid and I sincerely wish you all the best

Awww thanks Vanita!! I will email you shortly too, now my course is all sorted!
    Kelly xx

Debbie Lee Guest

Congratulations Kelly! That is awesome news. I tell you what, someone like yourself would only be an asset to the whole birth experience. You obviously care a great deal about people's well-being (thus this fantastic site!) and have a great deal of knowledge. Good on you for pursuing your dream and YAY at getting closer to it!! All with 2 young children. Well done!

Awwww thanks Deb!!! I still have so much to learn, I am forever worried about saying the wrong thing! But I want to learn and really make a positive contribution to birthing women. It made a huge difference to me having someone there supporting me when Elijah had to come out quick. If it wasn't for that, I am sure I would have had some sort of painkillers (wasn't allowed an epidural at that stage though), or I would have ended up with an episiotomy to get him out, because I was totally exhausted from pushing and lack of sleep after such a long labour.

All the best for a wonderful birth and well done for saying no to the gels when you didn't want it. Good girl
    Kelly xx

*Yvette* Guest

Wow Kelly, that's wonderful. I hope it goes really well for you.

Have sent you an email, but you're prolly booked solid already.

Have sent you an email - thank-you so much! If hubby was a little frightened last time, having support is great for him too, in the sense of having someone there to reassure him as well as you. Often when hubby panics, mum does too and it can be another reason mum might opt for pain relief - if he's not sure of himself, then mum may feel that way too and look for the nearest exit! I have had a quick skim over your birth plan and it looks great, I would love to be able to help you acheive all those things.
    Kelly xx

Kelly - What a shame your not in NSW. Good luck with everything but I`m sure you don`t need luck

Take Care

Deeanne

*Yvette* Guest

Thanks Kelly! We think you have a lovey family too, and we're really grateful for your support.

*Thinks about slipping over to have her babies in Vic when the time comes*

lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast