Thread: Private hospital waiting lists

Default Private hospital waiting lists

i have been on a waiting list for St V private, Freemasons and Frances Perry from about the time i was 6 weeks pregnant. I called them all today and im still on their waiting lists for a November birth. It really seems like we are having a baby boom

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Did you end up getting the hospital you wanted or did you deliver in a public hospital with a private OB?

Thanks

I am no help......with Olivia I booked into Darwin private no probs, and with this pregnancy I booked into Darwin Private again, but then we moved and I booked in late to Calvart in Adelaide........I was worried that I would be on a "waiting list" for Calvary as I was so late adn it is small, but thankfully, no probs...........

Best of luck......nerve wracking to be on a wait-list........

Melinda Guest

I can't offer any help either as I didn't have to be put onto a waiting list at all....I got straight into the private hospital of our choice.

I booked into Knox Private at about 8 weeks and didn't have to go on a waiting list.

Fee Guest

Hi Angie

A call I work with was on a waiting list for the Mater Private but in the meantime was booked in with another private hospital.

She's due in October and just got told the other day that she's finally in at the Mater. She was so happy.

So fingers crossed you get a phone call!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I had Elijah in October but I booked in as soon as I found out I was pregnant. I took a HPT early so I already knew at 4 weeks and rang the Ob, asking them to book me in at Freemasons. I heard there was a waiting list from 5&1/2 weeks onwards there - it's always been like that from what I understand. Good luck!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Default reply

Sorry I cant be of any help sweetie, I had my 2 at Waverley Private and I booked in as soon as I knew-well DR did-good luck darlin'.xx

I booked in to Freemasons at not quite 6 weeks for a September birth, and didn't have a wait, I guess I just got lucky. I was tossing up betweem Freemasons and St Vincents, and when I called them to enquire they said if I booked that day, I would be ok, but if I called tomorrow I would miss out. I was pretty shocked, how much earlier could I have known?

Tan Guest

I had the same problem as we moved to Melbourne in the middle of my pregnancy. I found St V's to be a hopeless case, no sympathy from the bookings people there! However I would ring Freemasons every week to check on how my possibility of a place was progressing and eventually they took pity on me and gave me a place. If I were you I would regularly talk to the booking person at Freemasons, persistance (in a nice manner) may pay off.

I am sorry I am no help either as I booked into Jessie McPherson Private when I was 9 weeks pg and didn't have to go on a waiting list.

Good luck I hope you get into the hopital of your choice.

I had my bub at Francis Perry, and when I rang my obst (who's offices are situated there) sent me out the forms...so that was before my 10 week appointment...I had no troubles and not put on a list, although they were very busy when I was a patient.

Just wanting to update you all that I finally got a placement at Freemasons at about 24 weeks pregnant, they must have got sick of me ringing them weekly asking how the "wait list was progressing".

\/

So a bit of persistence does sometimes pay off

I booked into my hospital North Shore Private pretty early, i think i was about 4 weeks. People scared me so much by saying I would never get in because its always fully booked but thankfully I had no problems.

I hope all goes well for you!

Great news Angie. I've heard good things about the Freemasons.

Melmac Guest

Default Finally

I was in the same boat...Just found out I have a spot at Frances Perry (I am 18 weeks with twins) I have been on the list since I was 6 weeks!!!!