Thread: Queery about EPI-NO post birth & prenatal trainer

Sophie12 Guest

Default Queery about EPI-NO post birth & prenatal trainer

Goodmorning everybody,
    I have been doing a bit of reading this week about the EPI-NO device.
    You may have heard of it, its a small baloon like device that you put inside your vagina, and gradually over the 3 weeks before your due date, you 'pump it up' to stretch the perineal area and hopefully make the crowning of bubs head easier and avoid tearing or episiotimy.

Just wondering if any of you have used it previously, or would consider using it? I think I am going to buy one - the add also says that it helps to retrain pelvic floor muscles after the birth - sounds good to me.

I just looked it up on the net and for what it says it can do, its not too expensive (under $200).

I would be interested though in hearing other's experiences with this device and if it helped or not?

Thanks heaps - I eagerly await your responses
    Belinda

jcm73 Guest

Hey. I had a c/s for my first pg, but I can remember in the antenatal classes the midwife was describing the product to us. She told us they were ok, but you can do the same thing yourself with your thumb to massage the general area! She actually assigned it to the boys as homework between classes - quite amusing.

I have heard of this and was thinking of giving it a go.
    I also was given homework at my antenatal classes but was too squeamish to try it more than once. Now I know all about tearing and stitches I know that I would rather try stretching it than tearing it!

I think anything that can help avoid tearing has to be a good thing right?