Thread: Quick question regarding contractions....

Melody Guest

Default Quick question regarding contractions....

Over the last 24 hours (maybe 36) I have had really strong pains & pressure all through my back passage... sorry about TMI but is this normal? I dont necessarily feel like i 'need to go' but it does hurt & feel uncomfortable. Is this just a by-product of back contractions? (which I have started to get frequently)

If I go to the loo to empty my bladder, while this is happening, I unexpectedly get massive 'rolling pain' all through my pelvis & lower back.
    I feel like either my water is going to burst at any second or I'm going to 'deliver the baby' & this is not bowel related.... just an agitated bladder.

Being my first time I just really have no idea... any thoughts or advice is appreciated.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I would maybe ring the midwives and see what they have to say about what you are experiencing. Sounds like you might not be too far off from having your bubba

Yeah I agree with Bec, I'd even be taking my bad and going to the hospital just to get checked out!

Goodluck!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Melinda Guest

Yeah, I agree with the others....ring the hospital and talk to them. Things may well be on the move! Good luck!!!

Custardtart Guest

One of the things that surprised me during my first labour was that you do have to use the muscles around the 'back passage' to push out the baby, not just the ones in front, which we think of as being the active ones in this situation. I also get a fair bit of pressure on that general area from the baby as he moves around, it's quite disconcerting.

Kerrie

Melody Guest

Thanks Ladies, I cakled the hospital last night & spoke with a lovely midwife. She reassured me, that in conjunction with other symptoms I am having, everything is fine.

I am now 'leaking' a bit more than normal though so I think I will go in today & just get them to check it isn't amniotic fluid. I'm 'gushing' about 1/2 cup of liquid every few hours. Hunter is moving happily but it is 'that time' when you can't take chances.

Debbie Lee Guest

Ooo sounds exciting, Melody! Good luck!
    I felt a lot of downward pressure in the beginning stages of labour too (mind, I had been induced).

Kirsty77 Guest

I thought I was going mad until I read your post Melody, regarding the rolling pain in your pelvis while your on the toilet.I've been getting it quite a few times, but only when I go for a poo(sorry TMI) and it really is very uncomfortable.I have to try to change positions which is rather hard and it doesn't seem to help.

Sounds like your very close now.....goodluck

Mel

I replied to your question in our due in August thread.

You didn't say there that you are gushing 1/2 cup every hour or so!!

Sounds like you are in the early throes of labour I reckon!!

Let us know how you go at the hospital!!

Best wishes!! C'mon out Hunter!!!! \/

Melody Guest

Ok, I just spoke to one of the midwifes at RNSP & she is pretty certain I am leaking luccor (sp? 'hind waters') but wants me to come in anyway just for the once over & to make sure Hunter is relaxed & fine.

I'm having some contractions but nothing mildly interesting.... who knows? I'll let you know how it went.

fantasy: I go into the hospital & they discover I am one of those freaky women who are in the final stages of labour & don't even know it because thier pain receptors are completely broken.... i give birth with ease & am holding Hunter in my arms, enjoying a bannana Paddle Pop in 2 hours time. Mmmmm..... bannana Paddle Pops

Good luck Melody!!!

(You've got me wanting to do it all over again, even though my DS is only 7 weeks old).

Hope your labour and delivery all goes well.

Mel

Was it Liquor???

WOO HOOO!!!!!

Love your fantasy!! (better than the glow worm one lol!)

BEst wishes!!!! I have everything un-crossed for you (in the leg sense!!)

Good luck melody!! Sounds promising to me.

I have the same fantasy already playing in my head day and night.

Melinda Guest

I was just going to ask if it was liquor! Here's hoping everything is going well!