Thread: Raspberry Leaf Tea

Default Raspberry Leaf Tea

I've heard a lot about raspberry leaf tea being good for readying the body for labour, has anyone tried it and did it help?

Thanks

Kirsty77 Guest

I drank it by the truck load and it did nothing! I went a week overdue and was induced....BUT I was already 1 cm dilated!Maybe the tea did help!!

Yes, I drank it through the third trimester.

It is not so much something that is used to bring on labour, but to tone the uterus, with the intention of making your contractions more effective/stronger when you are in labour.

My labour was 6.5 hours, and I had very strong contractions.

There is a sticky for herbal supplements and remedies during pregnancy here and a thread about rasberry leaf tea here

I drank raspberry leaf tea with 1 pg and took the supplements with another. My theory is if it might help and it cant hurt -do it!

bruky Guest

I had the tablets with DS & DD #2 and took them from 32 weeks...I'm not sure if it did anything either but it sure didnt hurt...I had fast labours with only minutes of pushing (5 mins and 7 mins respectively).

DS was 1 hour 5 mins and DD #2 was 1 hour 27 mins \/

My understanding was that they help with second stage of labour...they dont help bring it on

HTH