Thread: Really painful tightening of stomach.....real contractions???

Default Really painful tightening of stomach.....real contractions???

I have been having bad BH off and on for weeks and was monitored last thursday for them and found to be having them 2-3min apart, combined with an engaged bub and very very soft cervix. Ive been having some regular contractions tonight that feel different to those before. They are painful and I need to breathe through them plus my tummy goes very tight all over. I also have pressure in my bottom and pain in my vagina and back, if that makes sense Could it be my usual BH but just a bit more intense or should I be worried about actual labour? :eek: They are about 3 or 4 min apart and Im not sure if bub is moving or not which could be causing the pain and tightening........
    Ugh I hate this guessing game

Ta.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

HERE is an article which helps you to distinguish what are labour contractions
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

anna - Try having a warm bath or shower and see if the pain subsides. If it does then it's just BH, if not then it could be labour. If you are still unsure ring the hospital you are booked into. You may feel silly about it but better to be safe than sorry. *hugs*

I had a warm bath and theyve subsided some, not completely. I think its just my BH's getting worse. I have an OB appointment so I'll mention it then. Thanks for your help