Thread: Red Blood?

Default Red Blood?

Yesterday morning and last night when I went to the toilet and wiped there was a bit of red blood - nothing huge and just when I wiped. Last night I had a few contractions for an hour or so after. Is red blood ok? I presume I am just starting to dilate???? Sorry I was induced with Lucie so I don't really have a clue! I am 39.5 weeks.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

It threw me for a bit when I read your ticker, that says your baby is two weeks and one day old and then you posted about labour!!! Yes, I could be a sign that your cervix is dilating, sometimes little blood vessels break with the movement. Having said that, all blood should be reported to your carer, no matter how normal it sounds, just in case (and for peace of mind too!).
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

LOL Kelly yeah I need to update my ticker badly!
    Have tried to call the hospital but no answer! Will call them a bit later. Not too worried but will just check in with them anyway. Thanks heaps for your quick reply - WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP SO EARLY??????

Soph......I had exactly the same thing on Thursday......little spots of fresh red blood......I rang my OB and he said "just movement and pre-labour, but keep an eye on yourself"..........

GOOD LUCK!!

Sounds like you're getting closer! I had red spotting about 12 hours before labour started with both my girls. Let your OB/midwife know, and they'll let you know what they think. Hope all goes well!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

LOL Elijah wakes up at 6am He doesn't feed overnight (I'm weaning so he does wake still, but we put him back to sleep) but he knows as soon as he's awake, he can have boobs, so he gets up really early - boys hey!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.