Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Restarting contractions? Any hints?

Default Restarting contractions? Any hints?

Yesterday I took 1.5 tbsps of castor oil and 4.5 hours later contractions started () and lasted for about 7.5 hours with differing intensity and lengths so I presume it was just early or prelabour. I managed to sleep through the breaks in contractions for about 2 hours but then at some time in the night I just slept through and contractions must have stopped.

We are going to go for a big walk this morning to help get things moving again. I'm not sure what else I should be doing to help things along or whether its better to take the opportunity to get more sleep in preparation. I'll see my midwife this morning and she may give me another S&S but I wondered if anyone had any hints for how I could gently start contractions again? I'm not sure I want to do the castor oil trick again.

Walking and sex I had a go on the trampoline too but that just made me want to pee

Hi there Dusty hun, Im sitting here sending you lots of lovely labour vibes.
    Now Im not too sure on what else can rev up your contractions again, but the walk might help. Also DTD thats helped for me.
    One thing I might add though is when my labours started and then stopped, between one hour and eight hours my contractions started up again. So thats what could be happening. The S & S might help too.

GL hun, your going to do a wonderful job bringing pheonix into the world. Loads of hugs.

Yep, I agree with Raven (apart from the trampoline ). Some brisk walking and DTD . Make sure you rest when not doing those things!

My pre-labour started a few days before DD was born and she came quickly! Good luck Dusty, I think of you often .

Sex did it for us, and lots of walking up stairs. Acupuncture helped heaps too.

And of course, I just wanted to chime in to say Gooooo Dusty!!!! Big hugs to you!!

Caster oil I wouldn't be doing that again either. How about acupuncture, massage with pressure/trigger points, light touch nipple stimulation, I 2nd the sex thing (a few times) apparently not only the 'action' down there but also the sperm can get things happening, I don't know about the big walk, that just sounds like it would make me tired, a slow 15 mins would be ok but don't go over board, you will need your energy in labour. Goodluck, will be looking for your BA soon

No suggestions but wishing you well! Hope things happen soon!

Shake your booty!!!!! Definitely try it - more effective than sex apparently. You shake from the top of your head all the way down your body, so put on some good music otherwise you feel a bit like a dope.. lol... and you do it until a contraction comes and then stop. Then do it again like 5 minutes later, for as long as you can handle it.

I think I did mine in 20 minute sessions.

Worked for me!!

Definitely agree with the walking but also I would try some meditation, guided visualisation or trying to release the thoughts of going into labour (ITMS). I was under the induction date time line too and it was only when I completely let go of the idea of this deadline that things started to happen. I hope that doesn't sounds patronising as I don't intend it to but I had been to daily CTG's and was working myself up about it all. Once I thought 'Sod it, what ever happens happens' I had bubs 12 hours later.
    My BF swears by scrubbing the floors, lol!!!!
    Maybe catch a movie, go to a gallery for a wander? When you do feel the Cx I would keep moving!
    Won't be long!!!!

definatly nipple stimulation and ive also heard the booty shaking thing too!! give it all a go!

darl and yippppeeeeee

DTD, bouncing on a fitball, walking and massage with Clary Sage oil.

walking, accupuncture & another S&S. When I went into prelabour the day before I had Ambah, it all stopped after about 8 hours. The midwife gave me a S&S, and later that night I went into labour. Good luck!

good luck huni and i can't wait to read your BA. xox

Tweak those nipples and DTD of you are up for it. Nipple stimulation is the best though, maybe you could do them both together!!! hehehe
    I got told that sometimes the contractions stop if you are tired, so stay well rested with just enough exercise to keep things moving, but resting in between like you did is perfect.... and who knows those contractions probably got things moving anyway.... I walked around 4cms dilated for weeks, and then BAM a baby in less then two hours (first baby!)
    Have a beautiful birth, it really is not that far away now!!!

I expressed from each breast at intervals, and then went back to bed for some lurve! Sleep also helped me, so don't be disheartened if it takes a while. Tonight might be your night...there is something about the night-time that brings on babies...the peace, quiet and solitude I think.

But yep, I also walked heaps, bounced on a fitball etc. I was under pressure coz my waters broke and it took almost 18 hours for labour to start....

Gooooo Dusty!!!

All of the above and 40g of black cohosh a day

Oh and forgot to mention - there's clary sage (and all of the uterine stimulation oils) in that oil blend I made you - if you are doing massage, that could be useful. There's some good pressure points in the feet and ankles - which, if you've already been having acupuncture, you probably know of - so massaging feet and ankles can help.

Have been thinking of you so much beautiful - am with you in spirit. xx

Great suggestions here I am a fan of nipple stimulation, but it can over stimulate the uterus so don't get too carried away

Good luck
    xx

ETA: I have decided I am waiting for Phoenix to arrive before my bub makes an entrance... and I am getting close!!
    Last edited by Tanya; August 11th, 2010 at 10:20 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast