Thread: S&S... Now?

Default S&S... Now?

Hi all.... al little question...

Ok so I am 37 weeks now, and really struggling with being pg, having 16month old and everyday life. I am up most nights with heart burn, as zantac doesn't help for long, and have been vommiting from the heartburn too. I try to get as much sleep as possible, but its not always easy. My family have been great, DH makes me sleep when he is home, and mum has been cleaning my house a bit...

But I am just SOOOOOO exhusted and getting super emotional... my last appt (wed last week) bubs still wasn't engaged, but thats quite normal for 2nd. This Wed I am seeing ob and thought I would ask for a stretch and sweep... I really want to meet bub, and get my body back.

We also have a few weddings coming up that I really want to make, and be comfortable attending with bubs.

I gues what i am asking is that would you ask for a S&S or just leave it be? I don't want to use drugs for inducement (sp or even a word?) and thought that a S&S would be ok.... if nothing happens then so be it, but is it worth a shot?

ETA: I feel a bit selfish wanting to get this baby out... but I don't know how long I can last?

Not sure if it would work but I thought I'd add that it is quite uncomfortable and might be painful if your cervix isn't softening up on it's own.

I would be surprised if a doc or midwife would give you one this early. Unless your cervix is already favourable and bub is really ready, the chances of it working are very slim. I hope your wait isn't too long now!!! Good luck!!

Hi Mel,

Congrats on being neeearly there!

Sounds like you're really feeling these last few weeks, which I can only imagine is uncomfortable to say the least.

**Just my opinion** I would leave bubs until bubs is ready. I know that's so easy to say, but full-term is anywhere from 37-42 weeks, so while bubs could be just about ready now, she also might need a couple more weeks for that little bit extra (to finish her hair and make-up ) I don't think you'd want to irritate bubs into being born.

It sounds like you've got a great support network, use them use them use them! They definitely want to help you around the house etc, and at the moment that's all they can do, so take them up on any offers!

HTH
    xox

Maz, I managed to get a S & S last week at 38.3wks pg. The only reason they agreed to then was cause bubs is big and they know I am pushing for a VBAC2 and Ob knows I am aware of the risks. They said typically, they won't even think of doing a s & S till after 39wks. For me, my cx was soft, stretchy and anterior, so favourable, but it was still long. Midwife said a few more days of BH's/pre-labour should sort that out so she was happy to help me along. But I have to be honest. So far everything has stopped again and is now even more off and on. More off since last wed. However, I am asking for another this wed. Since they are only giving me till 40wks to budge this baby, we are trying everything we can between now and then. Our plan is another s &s this wed, if still nothing, then at 40.3 (or whenever) we do the last ditch of breaking my waters. I know then I only have 24hrs before they will make me go for a c/s. But everything else I have tried has failed. We've done sex, chilli, walking, driving along bumpy roads, black cohosh, jumping up and down, squatting, walking and more walking. It's driving me crazy now and so I totally understand where u are coming from. However, if bub is not ready, nothing will work and you will get more frustrated. If it is what you want, go in with a plan of action. Have ur DH back u up and lay out what u want, why etc etc. I hope bubs comes out to play for u soon hon.

I know a few people who have claimed to have success with accupuncture as an induction method. Maybe that's worth a try?

Thanks guys... I know your right, bubs will come when ready.... I was induced early with DD and recovered fine, so I guess we'll wait to see what ob says on wed...

Hi mel... I soo know where you are at... BIG :hugs:...
    I am 39w 4d..... with a 15 month old........ hooley dooley... I am exausted... cant sleep... am hungry all the time but get bad reflux just about every meal or snack... not as bad to be vomitting so extra big hugs to you there babe.
    You could always ask for the s & s... but I do tend to agree with the others... baby needs to come in thier time... LOVE THE HAIR AND MAKEUP COMMENT!! HE HE HA HA

I have had 2 false starts now.... oh what fun!..... and am kinda residing to the fact that I will probably end up going over my EDD... just so i stop being dissapointed about hoping for an early labour....

Hang in thier sweet heart.... it will be over and done with soon... I know you are probably sick to death of hearing that, as I soooo know i am but it will be done soon.......

Try to think the old saying.... "what ever doesnt kill us only makes us stronger"
    maybe throw in a "I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR" he he he..

Love and hugs
    Kirst
    xo

Thanks Kirst... I know, I know, I know... but man it is hard... thank god I wont be doing it again!!!

I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR!!!!!

lol