Thread: shouldn't things be happening??

Default shouldn't things be happening??

i know i haven't yet reached my due date.. (election day of all days ) but shouldn't things be starting to happen by now?? i have had a few little niggling pains like period pain and increased c/m.. but thats about it.. i don't even think baby is fully engaged yet.. he has been 4/5 at every appointment for the last 3 weeks..

if he doesn't engage does this mean labour will not start?

i'm just so over being pregnant and i want to meet our little man.. i'm a very impatient person

i'm sick of being swollen and fat from all the eating i've been doing and all the water retention.. i feel very unatractive since i have gone from a size 8 to a size 14.. i have massive amounts of cellulite on my thunder thighs.. i can't stand this anymore!!

any suggestions to get things moving??

Niko Guest

I know how you feel. I am due on the 28th Nov. I have tried long walks, swimming, sex, spicy foods, but nothing seems to make him want to come out any sooner. I guess just try to hang in there and enjoy the freedom, I know it is definately easy to say and hard to do.

First deliveries are an average of 8 days overdue (sorry for the bad news!)

Long walks might help (or should I say long shuffles?) or you could try making an appointment to get your hair done (almost guaranteed to be interrupted!).

Pip was at 3/5 up to the week before he came (and at his due date!) and he was 8 days late. On the bright side, you might be missing out on "cone head"!

good luck!

Hey sirenz

its a bummer right at the end...so full of...baby

remember you dont need to get prelabor signs...not everyone gets them

use this time to put your feetup...watch a couple of latest DVDs, meet friends for coffee and cake...enjoy the serenity

its ok that your baby is not engaged...as long as they are head down.

your baby will soon be with you...craving your attention

good luck

xx yogababy

Sirenz my boy wasn't engaged at my last OB appointment (which was on a Wednesday) and Flynn was born 4 days later, on the Sunday, on his due date. So don't stress about lack of engagement.

Other than the odd braxton hicks (not at all regular or anything), waters breaking in the morning was my first sign of labour. No other pre-labour that I can recall (it's bugging me now I didn't take more notice though, what with 2 weeks to go LOL!!!)

But as for bringing on labour, sex is my tip

With my first baby, I had nothing at all during the whole pregnancy, no BH, nothing. And he did not engage until I was actually in labour, and he came well after the ESTIMATED due date. Don't stress, your baby will initiate labour as soon as bub is ready to undergo the huge change of being in the outside world. All the best

i felt nothing at your stage too....relax, it will all happen soon enough....and meeting your little man will be so worth the wait!

Sirenz, I'm 40+4 today and at my 40wk appt he hadn't started to engage, although he was looking like he might start thinking about it soon, maybe! Like others have said, even 1st babies can engage during labour so don't panic.

I've been getting really intense BHs and period like cramps since just before 37 weeks, so I thought perhaps he might come early, but nope, nothing yet! Other people don't get anything at all until labour suddenly hits.

Hang in there - your little man will come out and meet the world, that's for sure!

As the other have said... your prince will come...just a matter of when!!

DD1 came 3 days early....DD2 5 days late.....so cant predict when they will come. I tried a few different induction methods but nothing other then good old fashion patience worked for me on both occassions!

Oh, I know how awful it is. DD was a week late, and I was sooooo depressed when her due date came and went. The swollen feet are SUCH a PITA.
    My tip? Keep busy!!! Everyone told me to relax and enjoy the last baby-free days, but that was so hard to do... So I baked. A lot. I made christmas hampers for my relos.
    How about making some meals to put in your freezer? And buying some ingredients for an alcohol-free ****tail, so at the end of your cooking you really do want to sit down and put your feet up in style! (Just pretend it is a martini or a daquiri and you are very sophisticated... and thin )
    Seriously, all the best for the rest of your pg, and for your imminent birthing day. It really isn't as far away as it feels.

Yep i'm with you too I'm so sick of feeling like an unattractive whale (i'm not used to carrying much weight either).

I do remember starting to feel like this with DS too and wondering if things should start to 'feel different'. I vividly remember having a long warm bath (was mid-winter mind you) and connecting with baby, and feeling so much better after that. He arrived on his due date. I've tried doing similar things with this baby but i'm not getting that same calm and serenity... this baby and i must need something different, i just don't know what yet!

Come on babies....!!!!!!

thanks ladies.. i know he will come when he is ready.. but i just wish it was now

I have been baking some shortbread biscuits.. but unfortunately my feet swell up if i stand for any longer than 1/2 hour so i can't do much more...

i guess i will just take all your advice and just relax..

thanks again

Niko Guest

Sirenz,

So know how you are feeling. I'm bored, tired and bothered. And feet the size of balloons don't help. I guess its helpful knowing I'm not the only person on the planet feeling this way.
    Apparently he is a big baby, so I was convinced he was coming early and so did everyone else, so whenever I call someone they always think 'its time'. I've got 6 days to go, and then I think I will really go mad if he is overcooked! Wishing you labour...now!

big hugs sirenz!!

it can be very frustrating. i was at the other end of the specturm with major pre-labour signs for 2 weeks.......

my friend had her little girl last week and on her due date she was walking around having coffee etc... no one sign at all .... and then she said she had like pains in her bladder about 9am on say bub born and went to the hospital and they sent her home but she went back because they were get worse at 5pm and she was 8cm!!!! so even though she had NO prelabour her labour was very fast in progression!!

bub might just surprise you and might just want a grand entrance

good luck and let us know when anything happens

hugs

Aaawww I rememer that stage all too well! Hang in there, it won't be long now!

My advice, as hard as it may be, is to try and get heaps of rest so that when labour does start you will be well rested and ready for the long haul (hopefully not too long though!)

Best of luck sweety, I'll look forward to your birth announcement!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Gather all the patience you can get at the moment - things will happen when baby is ready! There will be signs when labour is impending, I never had a braxton hicks with my two, just started contrctions when it was time.

When we interfere to hurry things up, that cn cause problems - so hang in there and distract yourself as much as you can - but most of all, trust your body and your baby.... they will know what to do and when, something science can't even tell us.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know