Thread: Signs that your body is preparing for labour

Default Signs that your body is preparing for labour

I don't know if this has been spoken about before but what are the signs that your body is preparing for labour?

I understand that not everyone would get the same signs and some people get none and others get them all and go over etc etc. But I'm noticing differences and changes and I was just wondering if they are in preparation for birth IYWKIM....

Hope this makes sense!!

Hi Lea, i have only gone into labour once on my own, but the signs that i got were, More frequent braxton hicks, Diahroeah (sp) and a show.

you haven't got long to go now sweetie!

This is so different for everyone I'm sure.
    Personally I noticed my face looked a bit puffy. I felt tired and achy it's something that's hard to explain, like a heaviness all over not just in the belly region. And a strange sort of contentment like with my first I was anxious but as I got very close to the due date I wasn't worried anymore IYKWIM.
    With my first I didn't get any immediate signs till the day I had Mason. I had a show which then went into contrax then I had the runs. The Dr broke mt waters on the hospital. It was all on after that.
    With my 2nd I had a false labour, followed by a very long pre labour 2 days later. I had no show, no runs and no water break till Angus was just about to crown.
    My labours were so different with their beginnings, that I guess anything goes for this one!

Gald you posted this Lea, I was wondering the same thing! I have been feeling very anxious all night - totally unlike me, could not settle for the life of me.
    Will watch this with interest.

I'm just having a few different pains that are out of the norm. I get the normal stretching pains etc - not really sure if braxton hicks or not but I've also had a bit of the runs as well. Just all coupled together it seems a bit odd. But I haven't done this before so I'm not sure LOL.

I think I'm just a bit nervous because DP is flying out to Perth for 10 days next Tuesday for work... I dont want him to have to come rushing home that's all!! I do have an appt with my Dr on Monday before DP goes so I'll hopefully be thoroughly checked out and that will put my mind at ease a bit!

I think it will definately be interesting to read everyone's responses though.

I'm sure he will too LOL.

Today my belly just seemed to disappear - I think Em may have dropped or moved or something... but my belly is a whole lot smaller that is for sure!!!! Very strange! :-k

I've just had some strange bowely pains, some twitches and crampy pains - more then likely all normal but I'm hoping it means that things are moving along nicely and my body is preparing for birth!

LOL Brookey - I ended up taking a photo last night so I could compare it to last weeks just to make sure I hadn't shrunk hehe . Which I haven't - I have just dropped - I couldn't believe it!! I was also weighing myself to make sure I hadn't lost weight!

Fingers crossed -I'm sure its just all wishful thinking though!!

Any update Lea?

Hey has anyone had period type cramps in lead up to birth? I know strong ones are a sign it's coming, but I've just had mild ones off and on over the last 4 days....

Cathybutterfly - That's exactly what I've been getting for a few weeks now. Everyone is tipping Emerson will be early but I think he'll still be a June baby! I had some high blood pressure over the weekend and had to stay in hospital for some monitoring and apparently I'm having tightenings as well which the midwife seemed impressed with hehe... mind you I couldn't even feel them. She's like "Can't you feel that?" and I was like "hmmm No". After watching the monitor for awhile and with everything strapped tight across my belly I could pick it up and sitting here now I wouldn't notice at all!

Just as long as he stays in put until DP gets back from Perth next week I'll be happy